sneezing chicken

Do you keep livestock? Having any problems? Want to talk about it, whether it be sheep, goats, chickens, pigs, bees or llamas, here is your place to discuss.
matowakan
Living the good life
Living the good life

sneezing chicken

3 days ago I noticed that one of my girls gave a couple of sneezes.
This morning whilst looking and checking her outnot only is she sneezing but has a funny eye with milky looking stuff at one corner.
Any suggestions what I should do for this. Would putting cider vinegar in th water help or do you think it is time for a trip to the vet.
Apart from this she seems happy enough,poo is normal and she is eating and drinking. None of the other 5 are affected.

Mustardseedmama
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: sneezing chicken

Definately NOT a mug of chicken soup!! A box of Puffs Plus and a hot toddy? :lol:

Hope your hen feels better soon.
What if you're wrong? What if there's more? What if there's hope you never dreamed of hoping for?
Nichole Nordeman----Brave

red
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

they can get colds

and i have before had a chicken that got a seed or something in its eye and it went a bit mucky

but sneezy and mucky eyes can be a sign of mycoplasmia and this can be fatal. if if you hold her and listen, is she wheezy?

myco can be treated with tylan which you can only get from a vet and its put in their water.

or you could isolate her and see what happens.

i dont think cider vinegar in the water will help no - that is sposed to be to prevent worms
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

my website: colour it green

etsy shop

blog

matowakan
Living the good life
Living the good life

thanks for the reply ,I took her to the vet last week and it is mycoplasma so I have the powder to add to the water daily for 7 days. This I finished this morning and she is still sneezing and a bit gunky eyed so have just spoken to the vet again and we will try some more antiB's which I will pick up tomorrow.
I had wondered about Mycoplasma so am glad I took her to the vet after all.
Fi