Quickest way to report spam

PLEASE REPORT ANY FORUM SPAM ON HERE.

Also if you have any other personal spam or other spam matters then feel free to post them here.
MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Quickest way to report spam

I'm already doing this - but the categories of spam leave something to be desired. I've spotted a couple recently which weren't spam in themselves but were obviously leaders for posters who were about to release a whole lot of spam (I hope you know what I mean). You need to add a "Warning" category - i.e. "I think you should keep your eyes on this one". Mind you, the names usually give them away.

Mike
The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)

Millymollymandy
A selfsufficientish Regular

I guess you can always type that in the comment box. What happens though if it has already been flagged? I tend to see as I still have mod controls in most of the areas here so I know when not to bother, but if you can't see it then I imagine lots of people will go to the trouble of flagging it up when it has already been done. :dontknow:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

RuthG
Living the good life
Living the good life

Millymollymandy wrote:I guess you can always type that in the comment box. What happens though if it has already been flagged? I tend to see as I still have mod controls in most of the areas here so I know when not to bother, but if you can't see it then I imagine lots of people will go to the trouble of flagging it up when it has already been done. :dontknow:
When I click the ! icon, if someone has beaten me to it, it says 'this post has already been reported' and wont let me submit mine.

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes - but I often come on here without logging in just to have a quick look round. I spot the spammer, log in, and it's already been reported. At least, that one instance has. I don't know if multiple instances of spam (the nature of the beast) all carry the "reported" tag if only one instance has been reported.

OK - I'm just lazy :iconbiggrin:

Mike
The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)

RuthG
Living the good life
Living the good life

If you mean one spam poster has made several posts, then yes, in my experience it does get flagged up as 'already reported', because I inadvertently tried to reprt the same person twice not so long ago, from different posts.

Millymollymandy

SusieGee wrote:I don't think the catagories matter per se, if it's flagged one of the Mods will investigate and run the user through the normal checks. MMM I had imagined that if the post was reported it shows on the actual post so had assumed other folks would see that and not bother :dontknow: or am I misunderstanding something, which is eminently likely. D'ya wanna come back :lol: :lol: :lol:
No, only mods see the flag so I see it where I am still technically a mod but not where I'm not. :lol:

And no thanks. :lol:

And thanks for the explanation Ruth - makes it easier to know that it has already been reported. :thumbright:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/