New stuff loads of it

Thought it would be nice to let you lot know what is going on and any future plans etc.
Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

New stuff loads of it

Have a look at the front page, there are a 7 new articles.

Myself and Dave were having a chat today and we are going to try and get 30 articles up in June. (one for each day). Thanks to nev, stew and everyone who contributed to the 101 ways to kill a slug for their help so far!

Something might come along and keep us bust, but for now I hope that there is a lot more selfsufficientish on its way.

:lol:
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

Shirley
A selfsufficientish Regular

WOW you have been busy!!

Love the water article!!

30 in June - wow guys! That will keep you busy indeed.
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Looks great mate! :cheers:

Glad to be of service :mrgreen:

Nev
Garden shed technology rules! - Muddypause

Our website on living more sustainably in the suburbs! - http://www.underthechokotree.com/

Millymollymandy

Well done guys. Only just had a glance but I have a question for Nev - who eats tinned spuds? :shock: Surely not any of us lot!

wulf

One a day for a month will be difficult unless:

- one or both of you is presently unemployed!
- you've got a stockpile of ones you wrote earlier
- you can get ahead in the writing so that you've always got a few pre-written articles in hand for the days when time is pressed and you need inspiration
- a lot of us chip in.

An easy source of content is what you've done for the slug one - take content developed in the forums and present it for the browsing version of the site. I nominate Stew to write about his homemade water butt, including a report on how it's doing a few months down the line. :D

Wulf

ps. Time to go and do my (almost) daily blog... I think it's about time I did another posting about self-sufficientish!

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

wulf wrote:One a day for a month will be difficult unless:

- one or both of you is presently unemployed!
- you've got a stockpile of ones you wrote earlier
- you can get ahead in the writing so that you've always got a few pre-written articles in hand for the days when time is pressed and you need inspiration
- a lot of us chip in.

An easy source of content is what you've done for the slug one - take content developed in the forums and present it for the browsing version of the site. I nominate Stew to write about his homemade water butt, including a report on how it's doing a few months down the line. :D

Wulf

ps. Time to go and do my (almost) daily blog... I think it's about time I did another posting about self-sufficientish!
Well at the moment I am presently employed by my allotment and Dave works part time. I do also plan to do a few more articles like the slug one, developed from the forum. There is a lot of great advice on here and I think it should be shared. I did have a bit of a stock pile of Nev's stuff and I am sure that I have a few more tucked away. On top of that there are a few articles on this hard drive that are half written and need to be added to to make up full articles.

Of course any help with articles would not go amiss 8)

In short, I think we might do it. We need to give ourselves a kick in the backside anyway as we have been a bit lazy with writing articles over the last year.
and...... Twitter

Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

G'day Andy,

would you be able to send me a list of what articels you have of mine? There will probably be more that I can contribute!

Nev

Our website on living more sustainably in the suburbs! - http://www.underthechokotree.com/

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wombat wrote:G'day Andy,

would you be able to send me a list of what articels you have of mine? There will probably be more that I can contribute!

Nev
Yes Nev I will, as soon as I can find them :lol:

Might be easier if you let me know what you would like to see up mate.
and...... Twitter

Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

I will have to see what is up, vs what I have got here. Then see where we go from there! :mrgreen:

Nev

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

:cheers: Nice one nev mate.
and...... Twitter

Boots

Wow - looks heaps good!

Comp link is a dud though.

I am working on a historical book at the mo, but do hope to begin compiling notes on mudbricking soon. Will keep you in mind and make the first job an article to send over. Are their restrictions on pics or wordage?

Not sure what else you may want?... Not sure what applies... I am a naturalist and could probably do a lot on goats...
Maybe one on milking goats? Breeding and birthing?
Hoof trimming/goat condition and care
Natural feeds to promote self medication..

Raising and/or Plucking ducks?

Establishing natural aquatic environments? Dunno... Would you prefer to stay geared around city dwellers, allotments etc., or is there room for some country stuff?

Don't hesitate to sing out if you want something. Would be happy to oblige (as long as you don't paste your head inside my pics :geek: Had to look twice and three times at those mushrooms!)

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

cheers for telling me about the link, i was up until 3am last night putting that together |I think that is why I missed out an i in the link.

Articles, goats would be good, we seem to get a range of country and city dwellers so it is all good to cater for both. Perhaps a brief guide to goat keeping about as long as the sheep article that we have. The same for ducks would superb. don't feel like you have to rush them though.
and...... Twitter

Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

A goat is still on the agenda for us so I would like to see goat articles. I wish you were nearer Boots, some pre-purchase advice would be appreciated.

Nev

Shirley

We've got 11 aylesbury ducks in the incubator... due out next week. I'd love to see an article on raising/plucking.... no doubt we'll get our fair share of drakes... no rush.. we aren't total novices at the raising bit as we had them before in Herefordshire.

Also got 10 chooks cooking too - due any day now.... cream legbar, some of our own light sussex... (and we've got a broody sitting on a bunch too), silver dorking YAY.

Fingers crossed for a successful hatch but all looking good after we candled.... oops going off thread now...

Maybe a real eggspert could write about incubating.
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

Boots

More than happy to put something together on choosing goats, Nev. Think I would enjoy that. And incubating, well I just love that... the whole new life thing just gets me excited, and I still have pics here somewhere on our old fridge conversion.

Should be able to start this weekend as Mudbricking has been postponed as it is RAINING!!!!!!

I hardly believe my eyes, and it is just WONDERFUL.

Have a hundred bricks sitting out in though... Can't win, huh? :mrgreen: