Selfsufficientish goes Myspace

Thought it would be nice to let you lot know what is going on and any future plans etc.
wulf
A selfsufficientish Regular

Jobi1canobi wrote:Might I suggest using Facebook - the site is not so messy and allows you to share photos a whole lot more easily than My Space...I'd love to see some pictures of your self sufficient-ish'ness'!
Having tried both, I think MySpace is ahead if you are promoting something like a band (quick plug for The Elusive Teeth and The Pico Brown Five :wink: ) but Facebook is much better as a way of interacting with other people. Friends tend to be people you have a proper connection with rather than just added so that it looks that you have lots of them.

Wulf (... on Facebook)
:read2: Read my blog and check out my music

Martin

oh lor, only just got my head around blogs and wikis.........rather like Melvyn Bragg, what are Myspace and Facebook FOR????? :geek: :geek: :geek:
http://solarwind.org.uk - a small company in Sussex sourcing, supplying, and fitting alternative energy products.
Amateurs encouraged - very keen prices and friendly helpful service!

Martin

could it just be another outlet for bloody GoogleAds? :?
(hate the bally things - king commerce rules, and hang everything else!) :roll:
-well, I had a look at facebook - took the "tour" didn't like the look of "you were poked by Meredith" one little bit (who the hell's Meredith, and how dare they poke me, we haven't even beeen introduced) - anyway round these parts it's the blokes what do the poking! :mrgreen:
And as for how many cyberacquaintances have updated their avatars........I really don't care!!!!!!!!! Bejaysus, what is it FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
http://solarwind.org.uk - a small company in Sussex sourcing, supplying, and fitting alternative energy products.
Amateurs encouraged - very keen prices and friendly helpful service!

Millymollymandy

I've looked at Face book but what a load of rubbish. What is it FOR? It doesn't really DO anything! If you don't have a Hotmail or Yahoo address or something specifically English you can't easily use it anyway. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Shirley

I put myself on myspace and facebook thanks to invitations from friends... have to say I didn't use my real name on facebook - bit wary of that to be honest. Anyway - I don't really like being bitten by vampires or poked so I think I'll delete my account.

Myspace is pretty good I think but still wary. Yes it will be an outlet for google ads - it's a free service and has to be paid for somehow.
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

Wormella
Barbara Good
Barbara Good
latitude: 52.8045
longitude: -2.1154

There are pros and cons to both of them - And I do tend to use them both (Ok, maybe a little bit addicted to Facebook_. I find them handy for keeping in touch with the my healthy diaspora of friends - well I moved, most of them stayed put in South Wales.

Facebook is a little easier to navigate and search for things but Myspace probably opens you up to a wider audience and more groups and orginisations.

I could go on about intrinsic play elemnts of social newteork sites and digital natives v digital immigrants (blah blah blah) but suffice to say nither of them are going anywhere.
I'm increasingly of the belief that any shops situated on or near retails parks only serve to make people unhappy.

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

hedgewitch wrote:What's your name Fee? I cannae see yooo.
search my email address: the.fee.fairyATgmailDOTcom

I'll have a look at Andy and Dave's friends and add people i recognise!

wulf

Facebook does suffer a bit from silly applications. However, as I mentioned, I have found it to be useful for creating a further connection with people I already know. It gives me a greater awareness of what they are thinking about and thus enriches my other interactions with them; not exactly a sixth sense but may a five and halfth one...

Wulf
:read2: Read my blog and check out my music

multiveg
Living the good life
Living the good life

I don't know why I installed Vampires, werewolves etc! Probably will delete when page gets too cumbersome to load. One profile I clicked had over 200 applications on it.
There's the magnificient Bob Flowerdew appreciation society!!
My first impressions of Facebook is that it is a hub for messageboards (groups) - just one login and you can join as many as you can....
The allotment gardening ones I have come across are not very busy. Searching for a group by using more than one word in the search is extremely cumbersome - not like G**gle where you can search for this+that.
Got a MySpace account but don't like the format.
Getting bored already after a fortnight.

SarahJane
Living the good life
Living the good life

I havent tried my space but use facebook. If you dont like the applications you dont have to add them and you can block the requests too.
I find it an ok way of keeping in touch with friends and family I rarely see.
So are "ish" going to add a facebook group? :lol:

Millymollymandy

I bloody well hope not. It's an impossible site to work your way around. I even got some completely unknown person wanting to add me as a friend! :roll: :roll: :roll:

I think I'll delete myself anyway as I only registered to see what it was all about - useless and completely pointless in my opinion. :lol:

SarahJane
Living the good life
Living the good life

You can change your privacy settings so that doesnt happen. x :flower:

Millymollymandy

Oh it would probably take me a month of Sundays to work out how to do that Sarah Jane! :lol:

circlecross

I don't really know what they are for - I remembered I had one after about 3 years of having it, and then decided to fill it all in. Handy way to keep blogs and pics together if you want to show them off I guess, but it seems a bit like stalker central to me, as you can get famous people to be your "friend" or send them emails. I have People Tree and the Hamilton twins as my "Friends", so that's me stalking famous people! I also corrected a famous person's blog - the pedant in me couldn't help it - but he took it in good humour :geek:
"yum, yum, piggy's bum!"

http://www.myspace.com/circlecross_73