How do you reckon this works?

Want to share some knowledge of eco products. Or have you heard about any new eco projects that you want to share with the world?
Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

How do you reckon this works?

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/zera ... cling--2#/

It's still in the crowdfunding stage but it looks like a really good idea if it works. That's the bit I can't get my head round though - compost in 24hrs? (Although they're quite careful to call it fertiliser while describing its use as compost).

Even if it were to use a lot of energy to convert the food waste to compost (which would be a huge negative for most people, I think), is it even possible?

I hope so because I think this could be a fantastic piece of kit - especially for people with small gardens, or live in apartments etc.

I'm not entirely sure why you'd need a remote app to start the process though - unless it puts the kitchen waste in for you presumably you'll be near enough to it to press the button :lol:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Flo
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: How do you reckon this works?

Could be another piece of technology rather like the Amazon Echo - a step too far.

Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How do you reckon this works?

I think it's probably similar to this one http://www.peoplepoweredmachines.com/na ... io-c30.htm
Just composting speeded up by using electric heating and stirring.
You could make one yourself with a bit on ingenuity, heat to ~130 degrees F and slowly stir. :wink:
Tony

Disclaimer: I almost certainly haven't a clue what I'm talking about.