Help needed with sad fruit plants

Want to talk about fruit and nuts? Got any problems? Here's your place to post.
Claripup
Tom Good
Tom Good

Help needed with sad fruit plants

Hiya,

I found some little fruit plants (Goji Berry, Blueberry, Gooseberry etc) at Lidl... only £1.99 each, but they obviously have been neglected as i had to dig through to find some that were still alive. So my very small and sad plants are currently sat in the kitchen sink having a drink, but what to i do with them next... they look to little (about 10 inches tall) to plant outside given the current weather... should i keep the in containers or make a bed for them? i'm hoping they recover and become the start of my new garden (weed patch currently)

Help!

Thomzo
A selfsufficientish Regular
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Re: Help needed with sad fruit plants

Hi

That sounds like a real bargain. If I were you I'd pot them into bigger pots to help them put on some good roots before you plant them out. Depending on the weather, you may still get to plant them out later this year, otherwise overwinter in their pots and plant out when they're big enough to hold their own against the weeds.

Cheers
Zoe

boboff

Re: Help needed with sad fruit plants

Absolutely.
Look after them in bigger pots and plant out in Spring.
Regular feeds of Baby Bio or somesuch could help.
In the mean time get digging the ground and adding lots of compost and manure etc.
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/