Has anyone got a Stanley Superstar?

Solar energy, wind turbines whatever it is then here is your place to talk about it.
Nick69
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Has anyone got a Stanley Superstar?

Hi there,

We've just got ourselves a Stanley Superstar and TOP condition. Has anyone on here got one or had one and can offer any tips n tricks?

Nick

Milims
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Has anyone got a Stanley Superstar?

Nope but I have a Creative Chris! lol!
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

Millymollymandy

Oh dear :roll: :lol: why does that name make me think of baseball boots? :scratch:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

Nick69
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Yeah got to admit it is a rubbish name :lol:

fletch_4
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

yup ive got a stanley superstar, best bargain ive ever bought, ill keep the story short, im a plumber, had call out to a farm where a new stanley had been installed, installer gone off on holiday, water pissin through ceiling all over tv, grand piano ect, while packing away tools noticed superstar in barn offered farmer 100 quid (takin the mick knowing it was worth about 700) he um's and ah'd i thought woohoo this is mine, said ill give ya 100 cash and wont charge u for today he accepted, never regreted it since ive had it 10 years and its fantastic, whatever u need to know let me know im a fan and a installer. u wont go wrong mate trust me im a plumber lol

Milims

Hey there Fletch - good to hear from you - how about you pop onto the intros bit and tell us a bit more about yourself!
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

fletch_4
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Milims wrote:Hey there Fletch - good to hear from you - how about you pop onto the intros bit and tell us a bit more about yourself!
er i might if i could find it lol

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

That's the first heading on the main forum menu, Fletch - Welcome New People Say Hello.

Mike
The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)

Nick69
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

fletch_4 wrote:yup ive got a stanley superstar, best bargain ive ever bought, ill keep the story short, im a plumber, had call out to a farm where a new stanley had been installed, installer gone off on holiday, water pissin through ceiling all over tv, grand piano ect, while packing away tools noticed superstar in barn offered farmer 100 quid (takin the mick knowing it was worth about 700) he um's and ah'd i thought woohoo this is mine, said ill give ya 100 cash and wont charge u for today he accepted, never regreted it since ive had it 10 years and its fantastic, whatever u need to know let me know im a fan and a installer. u wont go wrong mate trust me im a plumber lol

Hey Fletch, Well its all plumbed in and ready to fire up this weekend. Fingers crossed.

fletch_4
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Nick69 wrote:
fletch_4 wrote:yup ive got a stanley superstar, best bargain ive ever bought, ill keep the story short, im a plumber, had call out to a farm where a new stanley had been installed, installer gone off on holiday, water pissin through ceiling all over tv, grand piano ect, while packing away tools noticed superstar in barn offered farmer 100 quid (takin the mick knowing it was worth about 700) he um's and ah'd i thought woohoo this is mine, said ill give ya 100 cash and wont charge u for today he accepted, never regreted it since ive had it 10 years and its fantastic, whatever u need to know let me know im a fan and a installer. u wont go wrong mate trust me im a plumber lol

Hey Fletch, Well its all plumbed in and ready to fire up this weekend. Fingers crossed.

fletch_4
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Milims wrote:Hey there Fletch - good to hear from you - how about you pop onto the intros bit and tell us a bit more about yourself!
Ty Milims thanx 4 the advice but when i click on Forums the link doesn't work. :(

Millymollymandy

fletch_4 wrote:
Ty Milims thanx 4 the advice but when i click on Forums the link doesn't work. :(
It should do :scratch: - go into the board index page then just click on the Welcome new people section. Other people have joined and said hello yesterday so it must be working for some people! Welcome anyway. :wave:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

Nick69
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Well I think ( :crazy: ) i got it but im not sure. Fired the Stanley up today and have a tank full of hot water and all the radiators are hot, still getting air out the system.

Here's the question, the stat was set at 68 deg. After the range was running for just over an hour the stat kicked the pump on which seems fine, my question is how long should the pump run for? Its still running now!!
In theory the pump SHOULD run constantly until the temp in the gravity return drops then it should stop.
Is that correct?

I suppose there is no way of testing that the pump will turn off! without slumbering the range.
Its bloody hot upstairs though!! :shock:

Stanleyman
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

I have a Stanley 60,000Btu gas fired oven.Had it since 1994.I only ever turn the pump on when I am cooking over 200c,or if we have the baffle to boiler.My finger is the only smart pice of kit this oven needs.Gravity will do all the work,as if you have the pump on at too low a temperature or in the summer the water does not get hot enough.Two years ago we intergrated the system with solar hot water,works a treat.I rate this oven over other makes because you do not need it on unless you need to use it.Hope this has been useful.