My local Turbine dot com

Solar energy, wind turbines whatever it is then here is your place to talk about it.
Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

My local Turbine dot com

Ok I have the domain name for mylocalturbine.com - it is my vision with it to put people in contact with each other who want to buy a turbine. Most of us can't afford to go out and buy one so it is my thought that people could locally share one, or at least share the power from one. The logistic of how the site will work to achieve this aim are the first stumbling block, do I simply stick up a forum and let people get on with it? - Bit lame really if that is what I do, so any ideas on what to do with it????
Last edited by Andy Hamilton on Thu May 31, 2007 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

wulf
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

It depends how complex you want to get with the programming! Probably best to keep it fairly simple and thus quick to load. You probably want to have links to information about turbines and, more generally, other alternative energy sources, and then you need to get it seen by as many people as possible - it can only work if you have a lot of visitors.

Only a small proportion of them are going to be interested in the idea, willing to share and ready to take action so you need to start off with a big number so that, whittled down to 1% of 1% of 1% you still have enough that people really benefit!

Wulf

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Agreed, I think it is an idea that could generate some publicity. Will have to get it running before we get to that point. I think that spring next year to have something that is workable and built up a small following could be very feasable.
and...... Twitter

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

This is still an idea bubbling away and I have decided that I can't run more than this site (ish) and write the book. I am happy to tinker with it and promote it but think that getting someone in to at least set it up might be the way forward. I contacted good energy and ecotricity and neither got back, so I thought that contacting the manufactors might be the way forward. I won't be contacting windsave but what other ones are there out there?
and...... Twitter