What have you found lately?

Want to talk about how to keep stuff out of landfill? Here is your place to do it.
Milims
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: What have you found lately?

clare wrote:I am always finding money and my youngest has developed the same talent at 4.She has only found 1,2,5, and 10 pence coins so far but I'm training her to look for the paper ones like Mummy.I have found(in my nearly 40 years)lots and lots of silver and £1 coins ,loads of £5 notes a few £10 notes and 1 £20 note and when I was in spain once I found 40 euros ,my dream is for a holdall of money(used notes)with my track record I have high hopes.Once when I was broke and at work in London I thought "I could really do with £1 to buy a potato and a tin of beans to cook for lunch at work" and i rounded the corner to find one!I am still hoping for a wad of cash...............
I once bought a pack of books from a second hand book store, all sealed in plastic wrapping. I opened one of them and found £80! :shock:
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

Mrs Moustoir
Living the good life
Living the good life

I found a bistro-style blackboard leaning against the bottle bank the other week - 1m x 50cm. Didn't recognise where it had come from (still had a faint menu chalked on it!) but frame was broken so assumed it had just been chucked.

Bought it home for my son to play with and he's using it as a ramp for his hotwheels cars now.

Speaking of my boy - he often finds euro coins near parked supermarket trolleys...

fifi folle
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Sure I posted last night but something must have gone wrong.
We have communal bins in our street and people tend to put things beside the bins if they don't want them but they're still usable. I've scored some nice blue planters before, and the other week there there was a patio furniture set (but as we're moving house I didn't think it was a good idea to add to the amount of stuff to move!)
Wish I had you guys skills of finding money though!!!

lilyrose
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Once at a garage sale we saw a toy cash register for sale. In it we found a whole bunch of REAL money (coins, singles, and fives). We showed the owners. They were VERY greatful.

Penny Lane

Thought I'd bring back this thread with my find!

Sitting outside in the back lane of my mother-in-laws today we found a hamster cage, in great condition with water bottle, bowl and attached tubes for them to run about it. Assuming it was thrown out after a much-loved pet had died, which is sad but good for us.
We now have two very cute mice and an extremely happy nearly-four-old!!
"It's breaking the circle.
Going to work, to get money, to translate into things, which you use up, which means you go to work again, etc, etc.
The Norm.
What we should be doing is working at the job of life itself."
- Tom Good, The Good Life.

clare
Living the good life
Living the good life

I have found loads of money over the years mainly coins but a few £5& £10 notes just in the street but I also found a small wooden shelf and 2 picture frames in our lane recently.my children have my money finding genes they are always picking coins up.I am waiting for the big one to come when I find a big bag of cash!
Grow it,make it ,eat it, drink it and sleep well!

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

There's a lane where i take my dog walking at home and they've just built a shiny new estate on it.

Sadly, the people who have taken over the estate decided to use the lane as a rubbish tip.

Happily, they threw out 4 trough planters and a rosemary bush! They're all safely in my garden now :)

oldfella
latitude: 44.564
longitude: 0.959

[quote="Mrs Moustoir"]I found a bistro-style blackboard leaning against the bottle bank the other week - 1m x 50cm. Didn't recognise where it had come from (still had a faint menu chalked on it!) but frame was broken so assumed it had just been chucked.

Didn't live in Putney at one time did you, lost three chalk boards from outside my Pub a few years back. :roll: :roll: :roll:
I can't do great things, so I do little things with love.

Mrs Moustoir
Living the good life
Living the good life

oldfella wrote:
Mrs Moustoir wrote:I found a bistro-style blackboard leaning against the bottle bank the other week - 1m x 50cm. Didn't recognise where it had come from (still had a faint menu chalked on it!) but frame was broken so assumed it had just been chucked.

Didn't live in Putney at one time did you, lost three chalk boards from outside my Pub a few years back. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Haha! No M'lord, found it here in Brittany - honest! :shaking:

wabbit955
Living the good life
Living the good life

i guy down my road does garden fences and patios
and is always dumping dirt and lumps of wood and the odd plant
dirt has now filling all my new raised bed wood i have built new compost bin fronts and lids
so do very well from him
Darn that Wabbit

applegirl
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

I was just picking up some rubbish on the beach when I found a lost camera lens cap which exactly matched mine - which ironically I had lost on a previous beach cleaning session.

I have also found a couple of pairs of goggles on the beach and a diving mask - always worth cleaning up the beach as you never know what you find apart from rubbish!

Paul_C
Tom Good
Tom Good

underwater.
Coal well not so much found but more errrr salvaged shall we say.
loads of Lead weights for diving
diving masks
many anchours including one which was still attached to the boat. danforths, grappnel, admiralty pattern.
lobster pots which are returned to the fishermen
loads of fishing weights which reminds me i need to go down and do another grab for them
hooks n lures which are normaly given to the fishermen in return for not trying to catch me

on the surface.
err not much.