Whats the difference?

By popular demand - The book review section.
Tigerhair
A selfsufficientish Regular

Whats the difference?

I have a copy of the complete book of self-sufficiency by John Seymour (1996). Should I get a copy of the updated version:

New Complete Self-sufficiency: The Classic Guide for Realists and Dreamers (2003)?

Ta
Tigz x

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have the 197something version and the updated version, only a few differences the new one does mention allotments and urban gardens, the one acre and 5 acre plot. The foods from the wild section is bigger it has mushrooms in it.

I find that although this is a good book I rarely reference from it as I have bough many other books that relate to just one thing that I want to know. It is well worth a hunt around charity shops for realted books before forking out for a new one. In fact I think that for the £20 cover price you probally equip yourself with many more far more useful books.
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

Tigerhair

Thanks Andy :)
I don't really reference from it but I have learnt stuff, and it's a kinda dreamy, bed-time reading thing for me. I think I'll stick to the copy I have for the mo then.
Tigz x

Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Me too tigz, me too!

Nev
Garden shed technology rules! - Muddypause

Our website on living more sustainably in the suburbs! - http://www.underthechokotree.com/

albert onglebod
Living the good life
Living the good life

I've got the newer version of this and the 1978 Self sufficient Gardener.
I prefer the 1978 book.The new book is more a small farmers book with lots about livestock and not such good detail concerning the vegetable and fruit section.
I think The Self sufficient gardener might be a different book to the older one you are referring to.I know what you mean about the dreamy bed time reading though.I do love the pictures of the garden through the year.