101 chemical free ideas for the home

101 Uses For is popular and let's hope it stays that way. Our second book is presently called 101 tips for self sufficiency; we will certainly dip into this section for ideas. So post away and let's try and get at least one thread up to 101.
kathleen
Tom Good
Tom Good

Re: 101 chemical free ideas for the home

MrsD'ville mkII -I use b.soda to wash my hair, but I dissolve a teaspoon or so in a mug of warm water, pour it over my head & kind of lather it up - it washes out way easier than putting it as a paste on your head :wink: . And to make your hair all lovely & silky, put a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a mug of water & pour that over your head to follow, leave it for a minute or so & your hair will be softer than it ever was with conditioner. You can add some essential oil to the mix if you want extra flowery smelling hair!

JulieSherris
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Washing Soda..... on just about anything that needs cleaning!
It's great if used neat on those tiles behind the hob that's splashed with grease...

Pop some in a bowl with tin foil in the bottom, add water & get your silver clean!

Use it with white vinegar & clean EVERYWHERE! (Bang! And the dirt is gone! - But much better & much cheaper! :mrgreen: )
Julie.
The more people I meet, the more I like my garden :wink:

Annemieke
Barbara Good
Barbara Good
latitude: N 51°
longitude: W 3°

I used to use white vinegar for all sorts like so many other selfsufficientishies - and now I use all my overly sour kombucha for white vinegar. And to make a nice drink (honey + sour kombucha + bit of ginger).
Grow no evil, cook no evil, eat no evil!
And if you are interested in food and/or health, have a look at my website:
http://ThoughtforFood-aw.blogspot.com.
Love, Annemieke