50 things to do before you're 11 3/4

Any issues with what nappies to buy, home schooling etc. In fact if you have kids or are planning to this is the section for you.
The Riff-Raff Element
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: 50 things to do before you're 11 3/4

I'd join in. Only this morning I found myself telling the girls that when I was young we had only three pairs of trousers - school, play & best.

oldjerry

My kids are really up against it,in age terms really I should be their grandparent.So whereas most kids only have to suffer a few hours a week with a shuffling idiot who hands out money and Werthers (downside: hairy ears and the smell of pee),mine are stuck with me 'till they're 16.

Worst of all,given the continual and exponential expansion of inter thingummy,I can't really help them with anything: the other day the eldest (12) was puzzling over the area of a trapezium,in half the time it took me to wind up the old memory she'd tapped the keybord and got an answer.So, basically, my role in life is to keep paying the direct debit to the service provider,full stop.

trinder
Living the good life
Living the good life

The Riff-Raff Element wrote:
oldjerry wrote:
oldjerry wrote:Look,if they're not watching a screen 10 hours a day,what's not to like? just feel that kids need to push the boundaries a bit.Your parents are there to keep a little bit from,safe in the knowledge that when the do doo hits the fan you've got a big pair of eternally forgiving arms, to run to.

Why isn't there a thread for all the nostalgic\toe-curling\or just plain idiotic posts you've made when drunk!!
I think it is your perogative to start one. Perhaps it could be called "When I were a lad..."?
Didn't I just do that?
On the issue of animals for research "The question is not, 'Can they reason?' nor, 'Can they talk?' but rather, 'Can they suffer?'" Jeremy Bentham