Spring Green Festival - Lincoln, April 21st

Do you know about an event that you want to talk about? Is there a campaign you have started, are involved in or want to start? Inspired by Marvin Gaye this is your place to tell the world what's going on.
Lincolnshirelass
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

Spring Green Festival - Lincoln, April 21st

Hello!

I hope it's OK to promote a new green event that I'm putting on?

I work as the Community Music person at Bishop Grosseteste University College in Lincoln. Because my job description is fairly loose (pretty much - "hook the college up with good music and build a community!") I get a lot of latitude to put on interesting events. It's taken me a couple of months, but I think they've finally twigged onto the fact that my politics are green, and they are prepared to let me run with my plans for building a Green Festival in Lincoln.

My next big event - Spring Green 2012 - will be on April 21st at the University College (satnav or google LN1 3DY for directions!), when I've had agreement to stage a one day Green festival. We've got live green music coming from Talis Kimberley (going to be huge on the festival circuit next year, I swear!), a skillshare event, a green market, a human library, loads of workshops and talks as well as live willow weaving. All for £5 (£3.50 concessions). http://springgreen2012-esearch2.eventbr ... k=1&ebtv=C

I am starting to have slightly worrying dreams where no-one turns up, I get sacked and have to work in T***o...

Please come along and have a lovely Green day! :sunny:

There looks to be the possibility of making this into a much bigger annual weekend event if I can get this one to go well...
Last edited by Lincolnshirelass on Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My general jabbering about all things ish - http://www.lilliputfarmer.com

trinder
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Spring Green Festival - Lincoln, April 21st

So so sorry but this would have been a great event for me. My DH loves music as does his brother and his brother lives in Grantham but... We are all at a family wedding in Scotland that week end. I am sure others will be quick to respond and it will be a great success. Good luck and well done you for organising it.
On the issue of animals for research "The question is not, 'Can they reason?' nor, 'Can they talk?' but rather, 'Can they suffer?'" Jeremy Bentham