Incensed before breakfast!

Politics, news, current affairs and anything else that you think should be here goes here.
Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Incensed before breakfast!

We're on holiday this week so during a leisurely cup of coffee perusing t'internet I found this

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/ ... ring-clean

Spring cleaning? I expected a cute piece on vinegar and bicarb but got a huge piece of greenwash from some woman whose claim to fame is being presenter of a makeover show for ITV (Sorry it would appear my snob button got pressed at the same time as the high dudgeon one :lol: )

It would appear that spring cleaning, for this woman, entails completely renovating. She moans that the average house temperature has increased from 12C in the 70s to 17.5C nowadays. Her response to this is to have us replace the lighting, furniture, soft furnishings, kitchen units (although she does suggest we might economise by looking at ex-display kitchens - av. price £15k). Oh and we need to install underfloor heating too and redecorate using chemical absorbing paints.

Not bad for a spring clean, eh? What happened to washing the curtains and dusting? I presume after buying all this lot she can't afford a buy the jumper that she could have worn so she could just turn down the heating instead of getting all this lot. And what does she intend to do with all the discarded kitchens etc?

It almost put me off my cheese on toast :lol:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

oldjerry
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Incensed before breakfast!

Why on earth spoil your holiday by reading the Guardian?..Revert to Montalbano.!

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ooh read the comments! There are a lot of people agreeing with you.

I always thought spring cleaning was the really deep clean you give the house as soon as it's warm enough to dry stuff like rugs and curtains - take all the rugs up and wash them and stuff...

Maybe that's where I've been going wrong all these years! it's not that my apartment is untidy, it's because I haven't ripped all the furniture out and refitted it in the spring!

oldfella
latitude: 44.564
longitude: 0.959

Serves you right, fancy reading the Guardian, whilst eating Breakfast weren't you brought proper.

I was taught as were many others the proper place to read the Guardian is in the Loo, "that's the posh word" before using it for its proper use. The Guardian I mean , not the WC, "another posh word"
I can't do great things, so I do little things with love.

Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

oldfella wrote:I was taught as were many others the proper place to read the Guardian is in the Loo,
Nah, don't believe you ... if you read it when you were still impressionable you would have called it The "Manchester" Guardian. :lol:
I'd better not say any more about what comes out of Manchester, I think some of our fellow ishers hail from thereabouts. :silent:
Tony

Disclaimer: I almost certainly haven't a clue what I'm talking about.