jets and the jetstream

Politics, news, current affairs and anything else that you think should be here goes here.
Davie Crockett
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 52.12292
longitude: 2.30910

Re: jets and the jetstream

Have a look at this animation :http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?acti ... tream;sess If that forecast is correct, we're in for a lot of windy wet weather in the next week or two :(
Time flies like an arrow; vinegar flies like an uncovered wine must.

123sologne
Living the good life
Living the good life

Well I don't know if the weather will improve or not, but right now is 16 degrees C on a 13th July in Central France and I have never seen so much rain at this time of year!! I just cannot believe I told my husband that the weather would be better in France... We moved there end of March and we probably have not had more than 2 weeks of sunshine!! We need to do plastering and lots of work you can really do in summer and we are barely doing anything... And as far as the garden in concerned, I start to wonder why I bothered. My potatoes are probably all going to rot and I won't eat a single tomato.... :( And who knows what will happen to my other crops if this weather does not improve?!... I do think a politunnel would be a good idea if the weather stays like that in the future... But who knows what will happen next... If the weather is changeable, you could have a super wet year followed by a super hot-dry one... There is no predicting anymore, that is the problem.

The Riff-Raff Element
A selfsufficientish Regular

123sologne wrote:But who knows what will happen next... If the weather is changeable, you could have a super wet year followed by a super hot-dry one... There is no predicting anymore, that is the problem.
Quarante jours depuis la fête de St. Medard le 19 juillet - ça fera beau, 27°, je vous jure :mrgreen:

gdb
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

LOL at some of the comments on here.

There is climate change. The only question is what is causing it.

example 1: Arctic ice is melting more and more every summer. (ie Specifically there is less and less of it every summer). That isn't "typical British summer". It is the Arctic. Which, the last time I looked, was nowhere near the UK.

example 2: Glaciers which have been here more or less unchanging for 10,000+ years have dissappeared within the last decade. Is that nostalgia talking? A mistaken belief that summers were better in my youth? Or is it rapid, accelerated ice melt?

example 3: Dessertification is accelerating in most of the main deserts. (That means the rate at which they are growing is accelerating. They have long been growing, but now they are growing much faster).

example 4: Light intensity - in this case measured at both high altitude and sea level at a half dozen spots - has been estimated to be 15% less now than as recently as 10 years ago. The cause? Smog and high level pollution.

The list goes on.

But no, certain armchair warriors know better - even though most of them dont know the difference between a hydrometer and a bathosphere!
http://www.geoffbunn.com geoff bunn art and artist

boboff

Oh I Know GDb, but look at the stats, 1000 years ago the Sahara was part of the Monson.....

Yes Climate change is real, but the planet's temperatures DO NOT CHANGE IN DECADES.

There is more CO2 in the Tundra of Russia in so say "permafrost" which 1c will evaculate than 1,000,000 things, in it, I don'y know.....
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

gdb
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

David Attenborough on... climate change

"There is no question that climate change is happening; the only arguable point is what part humans are playing in it," he says. "Personally I would be absolutely astounded if population growth and industrialisation and all the stuff we are pumping into the atmosphere hadn't changed the climatic balance. Of course it has. There is no valid argument for denial."

Someone with that much education, and that much experience... I'll take his word for it.
http://www.geoffbunn.com geoff bunn art and artist

oldjerry

gdb wrote:
Someone with that much education, and that much experience... I'll take his word for it.

I was with you 100% until you got to that bit.

123sologne
Living the good life
Living the good life

The Riff-Raff Element wrote:
123sologne wrote:But who knows what will happen next... If the weather is changeable, you could have a super wet year followed by a super hot-dry one... There is no predicting anymore, that is the problem.
Quarante jours depuis la fête de St. Medard le 19 juillet - ça fera beau, 27°, je vous jure :mrgreen:
Peut-etre qu'il fera beau le 19 Juillet, mais apres?... :roll:

Actually it seams it will get better tomorrow with no rain, then better Tuesday with a bit of sunshine and Wednesday the all of France will be basking in super sun, and then here comes Thursday with storms and..... rain which is planed to stay until after the week-end............. And of course the temperatures should once again take a tumble! :( I give up...... :banghead: