Tevion freeview micro box

Tomorrow's World was a show on BBC TV about innovations and tech stuff and I thought a good name for our computing and tech section.
mrsflibble
A selfsufficientish Regular
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

Tevion freeview micro box

I've got one, it sucks big fat arse.
it jumps when someone iwth satnav goes past, a plane goes over, a train goes past, a train horn goes, next door starts up his scooter, a light is switched on, a light is switched off, heating goes on, heating goes off, fishtank heater goes on/off, or anyone within a large radius starts up a power tool.

WTF?!

i hate it. it's got to the point where it's skipping at least 3 to 4 times every half flipping hour. we have it plugged into a booster because the signal's not fantastic, but we had the same problems back at the old flat where we had a digital aerial and great signal.

anybody know if a freeview box which has been bought for more than £30 or so will be better?!
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tevion freeview micro box

Check your earths. There may or may not be one on the power lead for the box itself (if it's double-insulated, it won't have one). The other connection to check is your aerial downlead - the screen (copper braid) for the cable should be firmly clamped in the connector. Another possibility is the screening for the SCART cable - is it a new one?

If all those fail, send the thing back - it's crap.
The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

thanks MKG. turns out its crap lol!!!
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

Helsbells

We had one that did that, if I used my hair dryer then it went all fuzzy. It stopped working altogether after about a year. We have a new one now which is pretty good, its a philips one that was about £60. But that was quite a while ago now.