chipmunks in the machine...

Tomorrow's World was a show on BBC TV about innovations and tech stuff and I thought a good name for our computing and tech section.
the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

chipmunks in the machine...

I've got a compaq Evo N410c laptop and the speakers sound like chipmunks...does anyone know how to fix this? Or is it something that's going to be permanent?

I tried downloading the drivers that were suggested to me by google, but that didn't fix it.

Is it a laptopproblem? I tried puttng my speakers into it and it sounded like louder chipmunks...

StripyPixieSocks
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: chipmunks in the machine...

Have you gone into the settings and changed them to desktop speakers or what not... I can change mine for headphones, speakers, surround sound and whatnot and it sometimes sounds like chipmunks if I accidentally knock it onto the headphone settings but have no headphones connected... if that makes any sense!

... just looked on Yahoo for you and found this: http://www.fixya.com/support/t474302-co ... _play_fast

or this: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/archive/in ... 14422.html

Hope one of those helps :)

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

OH recently returned a Dell laptop that had dire speakers.... he followed instructions to re-install drivers and got a technitian to come round to fix it... and it was still rubbish.

My laptop (mac) and our old laptop (dell) and our new laptop (eeepc) all have fine speakers - not as good as stand alone speakers but pretty good.

So I can't help.... but some laptops have pretty good sound.... if it is a real issue and if it is new I would return it.
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ta very muchly.

I can't take it back because its second hand, and the website that i bought it from wanted me to send it back anyway because apparently they sold it for the wrong price...

I'll give those links a go and see what happens.

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeay!

Downloaded the driver suggested and i have near normal sound! Ta very muchly.