Unlimited mobile internet?

Tomorrow's World was a show on BBC TV about innovations and tech stuff and I thought a good name for our computing and tech section.
Thurston Garden
A selfsufficientish Regular

Unlimited mobile internet?

Does such a thing exist? On a dongle I mean. The best I can find is 15Gb through 3.co.uk
Thurston Garden.

http://www.thurstongarden.wordpress.com
Greenbelt is a Tory Policy and the Labour Party intends to build on it. (John Prescott)

niknik
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Unlimited mobile internet?

It does here. unlimited... BUT speeds can drop afer a certain amount.

Lilyfae
Tom Good
Tom Good

It depends on the mobile phone you have and whether you are willing to question anti-consumerist principles for technology!
If you have a smartphone most can be used as a wifi hotzone to link to the Internet but most people don't as they either dont know you can or they wont as most carriers charge for Internet use - however if you get the oneplan from 3 and a smartphone that does the business (my iPhone does it :oops: - sorry technology is my weakness) you can run your laptop on the Internet using their 3G network- the oneplan gives unlimited Internet use over 3G plus free calls/texts - I don't know if other providers do a similar deal but you could shop around
However i don't know how sustainable it would be nor how frustrated you would get with the speeds as 3G can be slooooow.
Obviously if you dont use/use minimally your Mobile it wont be worth the outlay. But if you were the type to have a geeky smartphone you may as well get what you can back from the companies that squeeze us!
Btw I'm a teacher not a mobile phone expert/salesperson!

wildbee
Tom Good
Tom Good

I was looking for this too but had no luck finding any more bandwidth at the time.

Bt offer 'business mobile broadband' subject to a 3GB fair usage policy, have you seen at that?

Thurston Garden

I managed to convince BT to put a phone line into the caravan. They run a line on the ground for about 100m from the nearest pole. It's temporary for this year.
Thurston Garden.

http://www.thurstongarden.wordpress.com
Greenbelt is a Tory Policy and the Labour Party intends to build on it. (John Prescott)