Toothbrush Rag Rug making

Have you made something and want to show it off? This is the place for your photos or just talk about the things that you have made or would like to make. All crafts from knitting and crochet to woodwork, in fact anything that you have made!
Pumkinpie
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 52.8
longitude: 1.6

Toothbrush Rag Rug making

A group of us are having a go at toothbrush Rag Rug making. Using strips of recycled fabric. Doesn't look to difficult , none of us have done it before and you can make something useful out of waste material.
Here's to A Friday Morning Rag Rug Day.

Any Ishers out there got examples of rag rugs they have made?

I remember my Nan having some Rag Rugs . She Called them Proggy Mats. I think this is a different technique. I think I'll stick to the toothbrush method as a first venture into recycled rug making.

JuzaMum
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Toothbrush Rag Rug making

I had never heard of a toothbrush rag rug - I had to google it. Sounds like a great idea. Going by the weight of rag rugs I would imagine it uses a lot of rags to make one rug. Please post the results, I would love to see.

JuzaMum
Happiness isn't having what you want but wanting what you have.

Pumkinpie
Living the good life
Living the good life

If I can figure out how to do it I will post a photo . Please be patient I won't be doing one a day that some of the experience toothbrush rug ladies seem to manage.

Pumkinpie
Living the good life
Living the good life

Had some silky ribbon salvedge edge in gold and purple. I sat tonight whist watching tv and made a pretty little basket . I thought I could put some sweets in it and use it as a Christmas present.
I quite like doing it so I might experiment with the technique and see if I can make a basket type of container.
Oh I used my new tools which a lovely wood turner made from oak for me. They are so tactile and lovely to use. Much better than the plastic one I bought when I first discovered the technique early this year. Here to happy rug and basket making using the tooth brush technique .

snapdragon
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular
latitude: 51.253841
longitude: -1.612340

:iconbiggrin: always nice to have good feeling tools to use :thumbright: looking forward to seeing your pics Pumkinpie

I've been knitting my rug wool bargain stash as I decided that cutting and knotting was just not going to happen, seven done so far, and now I've started crocheting one in granny square style I realise that some paw joints (required for crochet) are rather 'past their best' :(
Say what you mean and be who you are, Those who mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind
:happy6: