Home made jewelry

Have you made something and want to show it off? This is the place for your photos or just talk about the things that you have made or would like to make. All crafts from knitting and crochet to woodwork, in fact anything that you have made!
Pumkinpie
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 52.8
longitude: 1.6

Home made jewelry

Rings recycled out of spoons. Earrings made from spoons and bits of copper, brass and silver.
The wonky owl is a bookmark for my bookish OH. All made in the last couple of months at craft class and on a silversmithing course. Learnt 3 new soldering methods and other techniques. The good thing is that the workshop is open for us to go and practice what we learnt and experiment using the techniques. I can feel a silver bracelet being made in the new year. Oh now I know why jewelry is so expensive it is so fiddly to make. Only damn age was a triangular burn on my leg when the owls beak flipped when it was been heated.
Rings and things
Rings and things
image.jpg (144 KiB) Viewed 14744 times

JuzaMum
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Home made jewelry

Brilliant - well done you! I am impressed

But a very expensive hobby.

JuzaMum
Happiness isn't having what you want but wanting what you have.

Pumkinpie
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 52.8
longitude: 1.6

Spoons are cheap. I picked up a load for 10 p each and some silver sugar tongs for a pound. I love the sugar tongs as you can make nice bracelets out of them. You just have to keep your eyes open and have imagination.

bonniethomas06
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

oooh how pretty, I am a sucker for that kind of thing. If you ever start an etsy shop, let me know!
"A pretty face is fine, but what a farmer needs is a woman who can carry a pig under each arm"

My blog...

http://www.theparttimesmallholder.blogspot.com

WhiteRabbit
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

They're really, really nice. It's hard to believe they're made out of spoons. Excellent!