weight loss group

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Big Al
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: weight loss group

Milims wrote:Having read BA's thing about the fact that 500 calories is about 1Lb fat - or something like that - I looked up that calories in wine - it's somewhere around 500 calories - give or take. So last night in the stupormarket I contempated buying a bottle of wine, but imagined it in lard form instead - put me straight off the idea! :pukeright:

Well done,My passion was tomato soup in a can from H...z but there is something like a full weeks extra " special points" or whatever they were called on one slimming plan.

I go by the memorandum now of calories in calories out. take too many in I keep fat.
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

eco-mick
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Milims wrote:Having read BA's thing about the fact that 500 calories is about 1Lb fat - or something like that - I looked up that calories in wine - it's somewhere around 500 calories - give or take. So last night in the stupormarket I contempated buying a bottle of wine, but imagined it in lard form instead - put me straight off the idea! :pukeright:
its 3500 cal to 1lb of fat ;) - so if one over eats/drinks by 500 a day for the week it will add up to an extra 1lb in body weight.

Well.. 3 hours in the garden turned to 5 - so am impressed. (garden looking like a garden now) and the chickens are back in their pen too - since that the mountain of soil in the middle of the garden has gone. But still got another mountain of soil to shift tomorrow and then I can start planting blubs :flower: :flower: :flower:

Oh, on the ish front.. my rain water harvesting tanks are now live - :thumbright: :thumbright: after 18months with 2 black tubs sitting on the decking they are at last in the ground, covered, and connected to the downpipes (+ other pipe works to go with it)

Still - Looking forward to my cod/prawn/trout pie with a cheesey sauce thats in the oven.... hummm :cooldude:

Mick :flower:
Last edited by eco-mick on Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Milims

eco-mick wrote:
its 3500 cal to 1lb of fat ;) - so if one over eats/drinks by 500 a day for the week it will add up to an extra 1lb in body weight.
So I could drink a bottle of wine every day and only put on 1Lb???? :shock: :drunken: :lol:
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

eco-mick
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

lol... I would be careful on the sugars and carbs as my understanding the body will use these and turn them into fats as well (not sure its right or not)

Big Al

well I may as well own up now before tea.

Home made cheese and onion pasty with puff pastry, chips [oven, redeming factor points please] and beans. been a lousy two days so I'll climb back on the waggon tomorrow.

edited to add....... dispensed with the beans and chips but had saslad instead.
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

Helsbells

I used to cycle everyday to work but haven't since september, I can't face it in the morning now but will get back into it after February. I don't think I need to do extra exercise if I am cycling to work everyday.
I basically don;t like exercise, but I think if I got into it I would enjoy it, can;t even get myself motivated to do it once. I would go for a jog if it was sunny and daylight. Dark when I get home from work and weekends are so busy.
Excuses I know...

Big Al

Helsbells wrote:I used to cycle everyday to work but haven't since september, I can't face it in the morning now but will get back into it after February. I don't think I need to do extra exercise if I am cycling to work everyday.
I basically don;t like exercise, but I think if I got into it I would enjoy it, can;t even get myself motivated to do it once. I would go for a jog if it was sunny and daylight. Dark when I get home from work and weekends are so busy.
Excuses I know...
This post is not meant to be negative, corrosive or nasty in any way.

Not so much excusses but reasons. Taken from the top, why February? Think of the reason that will make cycling ok in February but not as little as 15 days earlier. If you cycle to work one day earlier than your planned February then that can be in January so why not now? :cheers:

You are not alone in disliking exercise but I bet people would dislike illness more especially if they could do some exercise to help prevent the said illness.

Going for a jog... Rather you than me, running and swimming are totally pointless for me but how long do you spend watching TV on a night? " I only watch about 2 hours with the wife" but in reallity it is from 6.30 pm to 11 ish then if I'm up with pain it is maybe another 4 or 5 hours during the night. could you not do a bit of exercise, even walking up and down stairs 20 times before or after tea?
Dark streets are a danger no matter what the pc brigade do or say, I don't like dark nights but could you walk or run with a friend and maybe use one of the midnight walks or cancer runs as the reason to do it.

Weekends are busy but you need time for yourself so a 30 minute exercise session maybe the thing that invigorates you.

Hopefully helpfull points and not negative.

BA
Secret Asparagus binger

Keaniebean

I just got back on the wii this morning and it's not great news I had since boxing day, lost 4lbs but seem to have put 3 of them back on, but it's my own fault. I had a date with some biscuits which have always been my downfall. Have biscuits WILL eat :roll:

The good side is, they are gone now so hopefully I can be good again now :iconbiggrin:
Sarah.x

Come on over and see the fun at Troll Manor http://trollfamily.blogspot.com/ Now blogging once more :) after a little shove from the one and only MMM.

Milims

I'm trying to be good - instead of my usual cheese savoury & salad sarnie with soup and a cake for lunch I've cut it to a salad sarnie and soup. I'm also working on protion size. Last night I gave myself 1/2 what I usually do and although I went for seconds I left it at the other side of the room so I had to go back and forth to eat it - so I had to decide if I really wanted it or not! As a result I only ate part of my seconds! I think with me it's mostly a question of changing the way I think about what I consume
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

boboff

Was doing ok, did 5 miles on the Tread Mill yesterday, got to 4.5 today and the motor packed up!

Let it cool down for an hour and see how it is!

Frustrating!
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

Big Al

Keaniebean wrote:I just got back on the wii this morning and it's not great news I had since boxing day, lost 4lbs but seem to have put 3 of them back on, but it's my own fault. I had a date with some biscuits which have always been my downfall. Have biscuits WILL eat :roll:

The good side is, they are gone now so hopefully I can be good again now :iconbiggrin:
did you know that the companies fix the end of the tear strip to the seam of the packet so when you use the tear strip it pulls the whole packet open and thus all the biscuits are available? Better to cut the packet open with a knife and then eat all of them.
Milims wrote:I'm trying to be good - instead of my usual cheese savoury & salad sarnie with soup and a cake for lunch I've cut it to a salad sarnie and soup. I'm also working on protion size. Last night I gave myself 1/2 what I usually do and although I went for seconds I left it at the other side of the room so I had to go back and forth to eat it - so I had to decide if I really wanted it or not! As a result I only ate part of my seconds! I think with me it's mostly a question of changing the way I think about what I consume
Well done, I was happy with my weight all 28 stones of it until one day I fell and couldn't get up again....Dieting for me isn't about deprivation more changing my lifestyle and making healthier food choices.
Secret Asparagus binger

fran
Living the good life
Living the good life

Have found this good weight loss resource : http://www.foodfocus.co.uk
You can do a food log and count your calories, an exercise log that even counts housework as exercise and a weight loss tracker and all for FREE :cheers:
Working towards living the dream on a barge.

my blog about the barge: http://www.fran-bonnieofclyde.blogspot.com

Milims

fran wrote:Have found this good weight loss resource : http://www.foodfocus.co.uk
You can do a food log and count your calories, an exercise log that even counts housework as exercise and a weight loss tracker and all for FREE :cheers:
Mavellous - I just filled in the form - and apparently I'm obese! :shock: I know I could do with losing at least a stone but obese! I'm 5ft 4" and a size 12-14 - so what weight/size am I supposed to be??? There's no way I want to be a twiglet!
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
Edward Monkton

fran
Living the good life
Living the good life

Oh Milims, I didn't mean to upset you :( Are you sure you put your weight in right? I am the same height as you and 12 and half stone (about two and half stone overweight) and it doesn't show me as being obese.
Working towards living the dream on a barge.

my blog about the barge: http://www.fran-bonnieofclyde.blogspot.com

Milims

Don't worry Fran - it's not your fault at all! :hugish: I'm about the same as you and it put my BMI at 30.4 which was into the obese section! I do sometimes wonder what they base the decision about obesity on - bearing in mind we seem to be surrounded by images of twiglets everywhere!
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
Edward Monkton