weight loss group

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Big Al
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: weight loss group

Well I tried really hard this week and put 1 pound / half a kilo on !!

Humffff!!!!!
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

Marmalady
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

that pesky pound has gone back on this week :(

Biscombe
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I would love to join in!

I had such a hedonistic summer and over the last 18 months i've put on 13 kilos!!! :shock:
I've got back down to 81 Kilos from 86 during September through going to the gym 5 times a week no alcohol :( and cutting down, I want to get down to 70 kilos and keep it off this time!

If any of you have phone that downloads apps, there's a great free one called My Fitness Pal also My weight that graphs you weight loss

Big Al

Well I'm really pissed off now.
My weight has gone up to 138.1 kg, sugar 9.7, BP 145/99 !!!!!!!!!

I'm seeing the doc in the next 2 weeks to see about either that ultra low cal diabetic diet of 3 shakes a day or weight loss surgery. Either way it will be a fundermental change for me and hopefully less Bi polar effects.

Keep up the good work all you good peeps nd I'll check back in soon.

Take care,

Alan
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

Marmalady
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Good luck with that Al

I too am not a happy bunny :(

I have stuck at 11 st 5 for the last 4 weeks

Not only I have i not lost the few pounds I put on during my holiday at the beginning of August, but my goal of being under 11 st by the end of the year is looking somewhat out of reach :(

I need to kick-start the weight loss again!

Susie

Sorry about that Big Al! :-(.

I'm down to about 10 stone now and I'm happy. It's a relatively small loss but I can get into most of my old clothes and I feel more comfortable. Ideally I'd like to lose about another 5 pounds or so but I'm going to do it very slowly and not worry too much, more focus on being healthy than losing weight.

Sending encouraging vibes to everyone {{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}}}.
blog
shop
that's it ;-)

elisabeth
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

I had to lose weight on instructions of cardiologist. Used a lose version of Slimmers World which worked up to a point (lots of meat no carbs most of the time). Then went on a stricter version of a French diet which was also lots of protein and no carbs and only veggies and fruit allowed are, celery, brocolli, spinach, and grapefruit. It was only allowed for a week at a time, as clearly not healthy but it just takes off the extra bit that won't go. Incidentally I also ate one pot of normal(full)fat greek yoghurt as a luxury and that helps as it's delicious. I didn't have a huge amount to lose but now and again I do the week of French diet to bring it all back to shape again. (Alcohol is a definite NO-NO)
Bon courage tous les monde!

Flo

I've spent a few weeks keeping an accurate record of exactly what I do eat. It certainly shows where there is room for improvement in the long term. I think I can see how to change the eating habits so that weight comes off. It's just interesting to see what I have been eating since the last big weight drop.

I'm willing to take it slowly and steady now that I can see where I am going and what I can cut out that isn't really necessary eating.

Spanderholic

Urgh. Lost 4 kgs in the past month but then my friend came to visit me for about a week and damn I went sooo off the rails. Put back on like 2 kgs >.< I need to start eating healthier again! and I will, as soon as I can afford proper food again :) Goal of 15kgs loss by the end of the year.

Marmalady
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Hooray!!

Back on the downward trend after a month stuck at the same weight!

Think i need to get a new set of scales tho

Stood on the scales --showed 11 st 2 -- which would mean a loss of 3 lb -largest loss in one week since mid-april
was so amazed, i tried again -- showed 11 st 4 1/2 - which would mean a loss of 1/2 lb (more believable!)
so decided on a best of 3 approach -- this time it showed a shade under 11st 3

so will accept a loss of at least 2 lb for the week :)

that_sarah_girl
Tom Good
Tom Good

I probably should have joined this topic a long while ago, but lately I have just not had the willpower to diet properly.

However, me and a friend at work have agreed to diet together starting today. I'm not counting calories at the moment, just trying to stick to cutting out all the bad bits (refined sugar, alcohol, fatty dairy products etc.)

Forgot to weigh myself this morning, but I think I'm around 11st 10lb...

Marmalady
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

welcome Sarah!

I don't do calorie counting either -- just try to stick to high protein / low carb / low fat choices

Plus in general eating less and moving more!

I record my weight every Monday morning (will hop on scales in betweentimes, but only keep a note of weekly weight changes)
If its easier, you dont have to weigh yourself but can measure your progress by how a particular pair of jeans or dress fits

Good luck - and remember we are here for mutual support, encouragement and tips :)

Spanderholic

Woohoo! I seem to have relost the weight that I recently put on. The stress of exams possibly has something to do with it :study:
So I'm down to 84.5kgs, meaning that since I properly started trying to lose weight I have lost 4.5kg. This pleases me :D
I've recently decided that I want to join the police, so I'll be starting to exercise a lot more than I normally do in order to get fit enough. Exciting :D I've made getting fit the priority here, with the weight loss hopefully being a really good side effect.

Flo

To anyone who has suddenly put on weight - it must be the 8lbs I lost over the last month and I have no idea how I have done it. :dontknow:

Big Al

Flo wrote:To anyone who has suddenly put on weight - it must be the 8lbs I lost over the last month and I have no idea how I have done it. :dontknow:

Don't knock it just accept it and be happy :dontknow: :lol:

I've started the reversal of type 2 diabetes diet plan and to date, 6 days in I've lost 12 pounds !! It's been very hard and I personally wouldn't recomend it unless you are actually having sugar problems etc.

Anyway, just thought I'd let you all know.

Alan.
Secret Asparagus binger