What Ishy things are you grateful for this week?

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
thesunflowergal
A selfsufficientish Regular

What Ishy things are you grateful for this week?

After having a bit of a rough week here, I was stood in the garden this evening and thinking about what Ishy things am grateful for. So here is my list;
- I have some fab Ishy friends, who always offer fab advice and a friendly ear. Ladies :grouphug:
-I have a garden full of fruit and veg thats coming along nicely. We have been eating lots of salad leaves, some herbs, just started on the strawberries)
-DS and DD2 have been given bags and bags of clothes from various people. These included some warm winter coats, bonus :cheers:
-I went to the local charity shop and found a fab BO DEN skirt in my size and a dress for dd1, I paid £6 :iconbiggrin:
-My friend went on holiday so she bought all her fruit and veg over for us to eat, grapes, blueberries, bananas, apples etc

I am sure thats about it. What Ishy things are you grateful for this week??
Last edited by thesunflowergal on Fri May 27, 2011 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stay at home Mummy to Orin 8, Trixie 6 and Temogen 4 . Also three Chickens Dottie, Poppy and Dr Mumbo. Three cats called Flossie and Pickle and Lexi.

Check out my blog:
http://ramblingsofasunflowergal.blogspot.co.uk/

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

Re: What Ishy things are you greatful for this week?

I am thankful for the smile on my little girl's face when I handed her a pound and her basket and told her to "knock yerself out" while pointing at the box of dinosaurs at the local jumble this morning. also the even bigger smile when I showed her the massive pile of books I picked out while she was faffing with dinos lol.
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Well, for this week only, I am actually grateful for light pollution. No, please don't throw rotten tomatoes at me but I've been working such long hours this week that I've been getting home when it's nearly dark. It's actually been really nice to be able to go out and wander round the garden in the orange glow of Swindon's light pool.

Zoe

green_pea
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

My first ever tomato plants have started getting fruits on them.
My old next door neighbour/family friend whose amazing allotment I used to play in when I was little (and munch all the peas,leeks, strawberries, you name it..) heard I had dug my garden out into growing space and brought round some strawberry runners and her old 'grow your own' magazines.
We rescued a lovely old wardrobe next doors builders were about to heave on the skip and we're going to recycle it into camper van units.
I have my last exam tomorrow, and then freedom! I can spend some much longed for time down the garden!

Oh and I saw a mummy duck with her hilariously cute ducklings on the river today which reminded me I can get my own ducks in a few years time! (family friends who gave me the runners said I used to rabbit on about getting ducks when I was tiny, point of much amusement to them that I still hadn't grown out of the idea!) :oops:

JulieSherris

Ishy things that I'm grateful for.....

As Nikki said, Ishy Friends who keep me company all day long every day, especially on FB. And the freedom to speak as I see without getting shot down by same Ishy friends. Thank you from me too Ladies :grouphug:

Watching 2 of my hens with their 7 chicks a piece. It's been their first hatch & they are just the BEST mums! Thinking back, they were both hatched by Mama Cass (a copper black maran), who is currently sat tight on 6 duck eggs. I think she must have been a great broody teacher!

Going outside first thing in the morning & shouting 'Where are ya then?' at the top of my voice & watching with a huge smile as 2 very fat barrel-like lambs come charging from one of the banks to have their morning fuss :iconbiggrin:

Sitting in my chair, looking outside at the 2001 shades of green and being VERY grateful that hubby let me retire into a lifestyle that gives me a peaceful head.

xx
Thanks Nikki - Lovely Thread.
The more people I meet, the more I like my garden :wink:

chickenchargrill
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: What Ishy things are you grateful for this week?

Great thread.

This week has been quite an expensive one, but a lot less money than a lot of folk I know would spend on stuff so..

I'm grateful for getting to the second hand furniture shop just as a delivery had come in to bag a cheap freezer - been after one for months but always miss them.

For the Recycled Bike Market at my local park for brilliant timing, my OH has a new job and really needed a bike. Found out on Tuesday there was a market on Wednesday - the new bike is fab and cost £40 less than our bicycle budget.

I did a charity shop trip today and had a shopping spree spending £5.25 in total. Bought 1 demijohn, 1 complete candle making kit, a kids' sewing kit and a very pretty glass jug for OH's party.

For having the veggie garden to potter around in, really does help lower stress levels.

For seeing my first pea pods growing.

This place and FB.

For knowing I'd find a use for the old computer desk one day - I've moved it outside to bring some potted veg and seedlings up off the ground so the dog doesn't destroy them. The slide out keyboard and printer bits are proving useful.

noplasticbags
Tom Good
Tom Good

For finding this site - as you can see - I'm rather new!

For the fact that my son had his last day of compulsory education along with his peers at the local comp today - long,long story but at age 2 I was told he would need to attend a special school - well he proved them all wrong - well done my lovely

That I ate my first of this year's peas today - and very nice it was too

Millymollymandy

Hi noplasticbags - nice to meet you. :wave:

I'm grateful for the first few raspberries :tongue: I picked yesterday, because they make a nice change from the humungous glut of strawberries we've been trying to cope with. :lol:

I'm grateful for a day of cloud as I had a day off from watering.

I'm grateful for lots of things, lots of friends here and elsewhere who all have the same sort of things in common and who are good for a laugh and a cry with. :grouphug:

I should be grateful for the sunshine :sunny: , which IS lovely, but some rain would be nice! Please?

I am grateful that I was given two free hens even though I do complain about too many eggs - it's the chickens I like having rather than having them for the eggs. :iconbiggrin:

Oh and I'm very grateful that I'm now officially an old biddy and don't have to behave myself any more! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :mrgreen: :cheers: :lol: :cheers: :cheers: :thumbright: :thumbright: :sunny: :sunny: :flower:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

Jessiebean
Living the good life
Living the good life

MMM- when were you behaving yourself? I also challenge the idea that you are old- these days you are merely middle youth- years and years away from retirement age too!

I swiped errm foraged a lot of parsley from a vacant block today, I haven't been very ishy lately as preparing for move on Monday but I am grateful that I know how to turn the sliver of garden and courtyard into a useful bit of land.
I am grateful I can find like minded folk through the power of the interweb too- helps keep me motivated and I don't feel isolated!
"Never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense.”

my blog: http://thedullroarphilosophy.blogspot.com/

Millymollymandy

Jessiebean wrote:MMM- when were you behaving yourself? I also challenge the idea that you are old- these days you are merely middle youth- years and years away from retirement age too!
Probably never really :iconbiggrin: and thank you for the compliment - no I don't feel old or even really look it I just like to use it as an excuse! :lol: :tongue: :lol:

Mind you I've been retired for about 16 years! Though had more free time when I worked! :dontknow: :mrgreen:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

Zech
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 52.36
longitude: -3.84

Being able to make new friends online, both here and in blogland, especially when people start nice threads like this one.
Neighbours bringing over seedlings to swap for some of mine.
Things growing in the garden. I keep waiting for slugs or caterpillars or clubroot or blight or something else to wipe out entire crops, but so far, everything's holding up pretty well. This is my first year of taking the gardening seriously and I can't quite believe it's working.
Discovering oak leaf cordial.
Wild green pies.
I just saw a jay fly past the window.

:flower:
---
Rachel

Take nobody's word for it, especially not mine! If I offer you an ID of something based on a photo, please treat it as a guess, and a starting point for further investigations.

My blog: http://growingthingsandmakingthings.blogspot.com/

clare.donovan
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

This is a lovely thread.

- I'm grateful for lovely friends. My OH has had to go to America on business for 3 weeks, and my friends are helping to keep me busy to keep my mind off missing him :grouphug:
- I'm grateful that my veggie patch is growing. Its the first year we have planted anything, and the soil is awful!! Despite this we actually have some plants growing :iconbiggrin:
- I'm grateful for finding this site and the lovely, like-minded people on it.
- I'm grateful for having finished working night shifts (at least for the next 6 weeks until they come round again!) and that I actually managed to have a break on the last one that involved closing my eyes for a couple of hours!! (That never happens to me on call!!)

Clare :flower:

Milims

Wind and sunshine for drying the washing
Hens for eggs and amusement
Being able to appreciate and derive great joy from the simple things, like the smell of line dried washing, watching our vegies grow and walking along the beach
Never running out of anything because we make or grow it ourselves or because we buy in bulk rather than go to the stupourmarket
Feeling very rich because we have, pretty much, everything we need or want and knowing that with a little patience thethings we don't have will come in time
Not being to much of a snob to visit the charity shop :lol:
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

Mrs H
Living the good life
Living the good life

This is such a mind provoking thread! I read it yesterday and have been thinking about it ever since!! So here goes, I'm grateful for:
The gorgeous countryside were I live, even on the most awful of days it still retains its beauty,
The free railway sleepers that we have just been given, roll on raised beds!
The smile that keeping animals gives me (after I've sworn at them for eating plants and shitting somewere!!)) ,
The back boiler, it rocks!
My fantastic supportive loving husband,
My kids and the fact they r happy to stick their wellies and boiler suits on and come out in any weather to help me sort the animals.

Xxx

JulieSherris

Mrs H wrote:.....
My kids and the fact they r happy to stick their wellies and boiler suits on and come out in any weather to help me sort the animals.....
Haha.... do they fancy a holiday in the Republic?? :wink: :lol:
The more people I meet, the more I like my garden :wink: