A moan about M0rris0ns...

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Graye
A selfsufficientish Regular

A moan about M0rris0ns...

Does anyone else get frustrated by big businesses who cynically take advantage with deceptive advertising, even though they then offer to "give a full refund if you are not 100% satisfied"?

I don't normally buy pre-prepared veggie meals because I find they are rather salty for my taste but because we have had a busy few days and I wanted something we could cook without any preparation etc. I bought two M0rris0n's Mushroom and Spinach Stroganoffs this week. The picture shows lots of plump whole mushroom slices in a golden creamy sauce. The reality was a thin grey sauce containing tiny shreds of slimy mushrooms which tasted horrible. So we ended up with Linda Mac sausage sandwiches for dinner!

I know I can take the packaging back and be given a refund but that really doesn't that miss the point when they are selling things so patently different to the pictures on the packaging?
Growing old is much better then the alternative!

Carltonian Man

Re: A moan about M0rris0ns...

I know what you mean Graye, reminds me of the burger bar scene in the film "Falling down" with Michael Douglas.

happyhippy

Hmmm I think its an issue the buyer of Morrisons,and the manufacturer need to work on.

pumpy

One good thing about them is that you can buy their wet fish & freeze it, whereas other supermarkets sell fish which has already been frozen, so cannot be re-froze.
it's either one or the other, or neither of the two.

dave45

But then some Morrisons foods can be far better than M&S... their in-house doughnuts and sausage rolls are ace, plus their german salami selection... and their pound a bottle beer and cider offers are worth looking at whenever they appear... they even did Zagorka (my fave bulgarian lager) for a while.

you pays yer money, takes yer choice...

or makes it yerself.

Graye

I don't dispute they sell decent stuff but if anyone can point out where these two are similar I would be interested! Perhaps the rice? As for paying yer money etc, if you can't actually see the goods you have little choice really...

Paul_C
Tom Good
Tom Good

that looks uterly vile. nowt like the packaging at all. return it, kick up a majour stink, and get soem freebees off them as well.

Stonehead

Graye wrote:Image

I don't dispute they sell decent stuff but if anyone can point out where these two are similar I would be interested! Perhaps the rice? As for paying yer money etc, if you can't actually see the goods you have little choice really...
Was the photo before or after it was eaten? :pale: :pukeright:

Stonehead

dave45 wrote:But then some Morrisons foods can be far better than M&S... their in-house doughnuts and sausage rolls are ace, plus their german salami selection... and their pound a bottle beer and cider offers are worth looking at whenever they appear... they even did Zagorka (my fave bulgarian lager) for a while.

you pays yer money, takes yer choice...

or makes it yerself.
I was in M&S with the Other Half recently and as we don't normally go in, I was having a nose around. Among the more revealing labels was the on their so-called Somerset Traditional Cider. To me, that means juice from pressed apples, yeast and, as it's a commercial product, C02 for extra bubbles and E223 as preservative. The actuality? The list of ingredients read: Apple juice from concentrate, water, glucose-fructose syrup, carbon dioxide, malic acid, preservative E223 (sulphites), yeast. I know it's how most commercial ciders are made, but it's hardly a 'traditional Somerset cider'.

There was a lot of stuff like that—pretending to be artisan or traditionally made food but actually no different from any other supermarket pap. And people pay a fortune for it. Doh!

I prefer my 6-gallon keg of scrumpy. It's so much easier to lie on the floor and slurp from the hose...

Graye

Funny you should say that Stonehead. OH refused to eat it on the basis that someone had apparently already eaten it once already!

battybird

I would send that photo to the Head Office and ask for their comments...it really is hard to work out how the two products are related, the office of fair trading (do they still call it that?) would also think that it is against the trade Descriptions Act. Maybe copy the letter and photo to them! Look absolutely disgusting :pukeright:
The cockerel makes the noise, the hen produces the goods!! anon

boboff

Indeed you have to complain.
It's not you, and it's not Morrisions per se, it's "gooddmorning foods" or whoever make it. Its the fact the first 50 trays don't get mushrooms as they float, and they should in the production room pour this back in after priming the tubes or something.
It's bad enough your night was disrupted, they should at least be given the opportunity to say sorry.
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/