Weight loss group 2012

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
prison break fan
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Weight loss group 2012

Thanks for the tips Demi, I do try and eat fruit, but it is hot food I want at the moment so I think the hot chocolate drink is the way to go until it warms up a bit! We had snow this morning! pbf.

demi
latitude: 41° 50' N
longitude: 22° 00' E

im still 9st 6lbs.

i went up a pound during the week then back down again by this morning.
well at least im still the same as last week.
by next sunday im anticipating putting weight on as we will be going round visiting family we've not seen in over a year and they will all be force feeding us! not looking forward to that, but i know if i say im on i diet everyone allways says 'oh, your not fat, you dont need to diet. here eat this!' its really annoying!!!! i know they just lie to be polite. my husbands allways making fun of me dieting, he could be more supporting. he also says things like ' i love you the way you are' and 'stop worrying, you look fine' .
God! stop being so patronising! i wish people would stop tippy toeing around me, lieing and saying im fine when im not!!!!!

sorry that was a bit of held in frustration that just escaped there!

anyways, good luck everyone!
Tim Minchin - The Good Book
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1I3mBojc0

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'

boboff

Demi.

9st 6lb is not really very big mate. Unless you are 3 ft tall, then it would be a touch much.

Hope the homecoming goes well, enjoy it, I really am sure sat millions of miles away and not knowing you that these people are not patronising you, they are not lying and I am sure you look damm fine, but if you want to loose some weight / get fit, then thats great as well.

Give it a week and I am sure you won't feel like this. :icon_smile:
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

boboff

Well.

I lost 5.4lb. Which I am happy with. 18st 5lb now. Good first week. Ate quite allot of low fat food, so will try and cut back a bit, 2 x 2 hr fitness sessions done, which hope to push up to 3 this week, plus 1/2 an hour on the Wii.
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

eco-mick
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Morning after weigh in... 234lbs (16st 10lbs) :mrgreen: - 38lbs to go :D

Considering I spent most of afternon Friday and all day Sat in bed due to this bug thats flying around (never felt so weak and shaking - couldn't keep anything down! - still today I feel so ALIVE! now ain't that strange.

Marmalady
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Am down 1 1/2 lb this week :)

Keaniebean

Well up to 17 stone 6lbs now so not impressed. All down to a complete week of eating rubbish so I'm surprised it hasn't gone up more. I have two weeks until my birthday though so I'm going to REALLY concentrate hard and hopefully I can get it down to 17stone. I have quorn sausages and some scrambled eggs on the go right now, which will keep me going until dinner time.
Sarah.x

Come on over and see the fun at Troll Manor http://trollfamily.blogspot.com/ Now blogging once more :) after a little shove from the one and only MMM.

prison break fan

Someone, obviously not a friend! has just given me a M&S Hot Cross loaf, so of course it has to be sampled and will need butter and jam on it! pbf.

Marmalady
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

prison break fan wrote:Someone, obviously not a friend! has just given me a M&S Hot Cross loaf, so of course it has to be sampled and will need butter and jam on it! pbf.
try butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon instead of the jam!

and slice as thinly as possible

prison break fan

Ready sliced Marmalady! and already eaten, but have just taken the dog for a walk so not a complete disaster! pbf.

demi

boboff wrote:Demi.

9st 6lb is not really very big mate. Unless you are 3 ft tall, then it would be a touch much.

Hope the homecoming goes well, enjoy it, I really am sure sat millions of miles away and not knowing you that these people are not patronising you, they are not lying and I am sure you look damm fine, but if you want to loose some weight / get fit, then thats great as well.

Give it a week and I am sure you won't feel like this. :icon_smile:
thanks boboff :icon_smile:

im actually 5 foot exactly, so 9st 6lbs is over weight according to my BMI, and its obvious to me too when i look in the mirror it just discusts me.
i look at pictures of myself when i was under 8st before i had my 2 kids and im jealous of what i used to look like. although i was never happy with my weighht back then either. i dont think ill ever be happy about it. i wish i could get lipo-suction and a tummy tuck :lol:

and congrads on loosing 5.4lbs, thats loads to loose in a week! well done! :cheers:
i cant do that without starving myself :lol:

well done to everone else who lost weight this week! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
and to those of us who havent quite hit the mark, keep going and dont give up! be more determined for next weeks weigh in!

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'

demi

the past few days iv been living off cake and chocolate. i gave myself a sugar headache last night.
now that we are in macedonia im out my comfert zone, plus we are staying with my husbands parents because its so cold so im surrounded my cakes and sweet things that my mother in law keeps making for us. its so cold here we cant really go out the house either so im trapped in here with all these demons :(

mamos
Living the good life
Living the good life

I have decided to try and loose a stone in a month.

I have reduced my alcohol intake to about a third, really cut down on crisps, just have one slice of toast in the morning instead of two, very small lunch ie tin of mackerel, piece of fruit in the afternoon, half the normal portions of my normal dinner and I am cycling around 50 miles a week.

First weigh in (last friday) 14 stone dead
Second weigh in (this morning) 14 stone dead :dontknow:

I am disappointed :(
If you are interested in Self Reliance, Frugal Living, Gardening and becoming Debt Free, follow my Blog Tiny Allotment

demi

mamos wrote:I have decided to try and loose a stone in a month.

I have reduced my alcohol intake to about a third, really cut down on crisps, just have one slice of toast in the morning instead of two, very small lunch ie tin of mackerel, piece of fruit in the afternoon, half the normal portions of my normal dinner and I am cycling around 50 miles a week.

First weigh in (last friday) 14 stone dead
Second weigh in (this morning) 14 stone dead :dontknow:

I am disappointed :(

from what you've said you should have lost a few pounds by now.

make sure you weigh yourself at the same time each week. morning is best, before you've eaten but after you gone to the toilet, to get a more acurate reading. and allways use the same scales because there will be a difference in calabration between different scales.

1 stone in 1 month is a lot to loose. id be up for trying it if i thought id be able to do it. iv been stuck at the same weight now for ages, its depressing me.
ill try 1/2 a stone in 1 month and if i do better than that it will be a bonus :iconbiggrin:
iv lost a stone in a month before but only when i was starving myself and im not supposed to do that anymore :lol: if i wasnt breastfeeding id do it though.

mamos
Living the good life
Living the good life

I have been stuck at this weight for many years. I was doing a lot of exercise a while ago. I cycled 1000 miles in 9 days alone with all my camping gear, I have run marathons and many half marathons and conversely last year I did bugger all exercise and eat and drank to excess but through all that my weight only fluctuated a few pounds.

The amount I consumed last year (Had a bombshell dropped on us) I should be the size of a house. I think I am going to have content myself with being over weight but fit.

As the weather improves I might up my cycling from four to six times a week
If you are interested in Self Reliance, Frugal Living, Gardening and becoming Debt Free, follow my Blog Tiny Allotment