Quiet

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
old tree man
A selfsufficientish Regular
latitude: 54.5619 N
longitude: 0.9874 W
Facebook Name: Don't have one

Quiet

Goodness me its quiet, I don't want a Facebook thingy so I suppose I will have to talk to myself :( well all is forging forward in the garden seeds are bursting through with this lovely mild weather, I have nearly finished the summer type house :icon_smile: , I have just filled the window boxes with compost and sowed some nasturtiums so when we eat our tea we can add some lovely peppery leaves to the salad as we sit in the warm, toms are coming on as are the peas and broad beans and lettuce, My lobelia, french marigolds, nepeta and other bedding are coming on great, when we have some colour bursting around the summer house I'll post some pics, well have a bountiful season everyone :flower:
Respect to all, be kind to all and you shall reap what you sow.
old tree man,
aka..... Russ

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Re: Quiet

Sorry, Russ, I think the log-in problems are largely responsible. Hopefully they'll get sorted soon - I know Dave keeps trying. So I come and have a look, do a bit of zapping, if required, but often don't post.

We've got tomatoes, herbs and salad stuff - not much else really, at the moment. Last year was a bit of a bust, what with getting the bakery and our gal's accommodation sorted early on and then OH's health problems later in the year. But we've managed to get the polytunnel cleared out and we're hoping to do much better this year.

We still need to try and find the raised beds though - they've disappeared under waist high grass! :roll:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

old tree man

Thats ok all this techno stuff is way beyond me :shock: it seems that people today can't seem to cope without facebook or twitter :roll: i have just finished eating my tea sat in the garden the weather is so nice, i hope this year is better .
The polytunnels should give you a great start, all the best Maggie to you all for the new year with lots of good health and happiness :flower:
old tree man,
aka..... Russ

Flo

Oh my - I've been out in the nice weather so the internet has been a bit untended. But the allotment is getting underway. But that's a whole serial to itself - it's a bit like the Archers it goes on for ever but it doesn't suffer from the emotional upheavals. :mrgreen:

There's seedlings at home, the camera has come out of hibernation and the bus pass is well used again. The trouble with being self sufficient is that it does take up time. :mrgreen:

Marc
Living the good life
Living the good life

Hi guys, I've had extra trouble logging in the last few days, and I'm getting very busy now that the weather is a little better, so not much time. It's good to see some of you are still around :icon_smile: :wave: - I was able to get in this morning as you can see lol, but must get out to work now.
best wishes and love to all,
Marc
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

old tree man

Jane and I are doing the same thing Flo we are writing a list of all the gardens we want to see this summer Alnwick castle being one of them :flower:
old tree man,
aka..... Russ

Flo

Hmm well I think that the Alnwick Garden is well over hyped. But the town is very nice and the castle itself is a picture. There are some lovely gardens in the local villages if you look - kept up by their owners and free to view over the front gate. But someone must visit the Alnwick garden as it's still there. Us locals is very cynical. :flower:

If you are ever up this neck of the woods do shout.

skeast
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

No logging in problems here !

and not seeing any activity on facebook either btw.

Things are picking up and major garden makeover is looking good, and near completion. Raised beds out, more fruit trees and bushes for a more forest style garden.

Thanks for idea about gardens to visit. Apart from NGS any other good listings to use to find whatt and where ?

Sarah

Flo

old tree man

Thanks Flo :thumbright: :flower:
old tree man,
aka..... Russ

baldybloke
Living the good life
Living the good life

Hello All.
Haven't been on here for quite some time. Life has been really hectic and doesn't look like easing up anytime soon.
Have made a start in the garden and intend to get really stuck in over Easter. Will try and drop in more often.
Has anyone seen the plot, I seem to have lost mine?