Self Isolation

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Viper254
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Re: Self Isolation

Flo wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:00 am You know, I've quite grown into this lock down thing. I don't think I'll be getting out and about much even when and if ever they extend the rules for the over 70s. It's quite an education in being self sufficient in time management! I know that there are thousands of suggestions as to what you can do on-line to pass the time but there's only one thing that I might just get around to doing and that's getting back into a decent touch typing speed.

After years on tinernet I'm a lot less inclined to spend more time doing things on it. Most of the ideas are wouldn't do that (yoga, exercises) or done it anyway and grown out of it. :lol:
What I quite like about it is the lack of social pressure to go somewhere, do something.
AKA Simon.

Trying to get to grips with a Staffordshire allotment (UK)

Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just got back from my FIRST outing since March 16th.
Nothing exciting, just a 6 monthly doctors appointment for fasting blood samples, but not only outside the gate but all the 10 miles to town and back.
I think I need to lie down now. :lol:
Tony

Disclaimer: I almost certainly haven't a clue what I'm talking about.

ina
A selfsufficientish Regular

:) Hope you recover from all that excitement...

For me, the height of cool is a capucchino at Costa's, sitting in - first one yesterday while waiting for the bus (very rare these days) after an equally exciting visit to Lidl's, also the first one since March!
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

Flo

I've done the unromantic go and have a hair cut. Also caught up with a couple of favourite eateries. Did buy two plates at different shops on the way to the eateries. But discovered that shopping is no fun. But I've the raspberry canes to prune, bits to do on the plots and the annual (rather late) boiler check by the landlord to come. To be fair I don't think I enjoyed the outings.

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

I've been out twice now. Both times were quite stressful. I had to go for cement and I have to say that B+Q had it sorted - sanitising facilities, masks for anyone who needed them and clearly marked routes through the store. Everyone seemed to be observing the 2m distancing (or maybe they could see the wild look in my eyes and just avoided me :lol:). The supermarket, not so much. Everything was in place although much less conspicuous and big gaps between aisles allowed some idiots to cut across whenever the mood took. Distancing was very poor. I came home quite frazzled.
Second trip was better. We had an enjoyable saunter round our favourite charity shop and I got a nice teapot (we've stopped using teabags but only had a one cup pot up to now). The supermarket cafe, however, seemed a bit frazzled by all the new requirements - so much so they put bacon and pork sausages my daughter's vegan brunch, but kindly omitted the egg! :roll:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Flo

Now I have avoided the supermarket. All done online and delivered to the door. As I don't eat meat and veggies are roaring off the allotment, well it's only tinned and dry stuff which weighs. Let the big strong van take the weight.