What is there to get rid of light fluff on black laundry?

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
fruitfly
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

What is there to get rid of light fluff on black laundry?

I'm looking for something to put in the machine that will remove light fluff and cat hairs from my black clothing, synthetics and cottons. I've seen something that's to be used on pet bedding but it might discolour my clothing so I don't want to try that. Then there's a rubbery item that hairs cling to, but I was hoping that some of you might have experience of a product that I know will work. :cat:

ina
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: What is there to get rid of light fluff on black laundry?

No idea! A lighthearted suggestion - buy clothes in the colour of your cat... Or a black cat, if you have a lot of black clothes already.
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

Flo

Old naval trick for inspections - we used the sticky side of Sellotape. Laborious but it did work so long as you had a bag to put the used stuff in handy when doing the job.

ina

There used to be sticky rolls that did the job. Don't know whether you can still get them. But the question was for something to put in the machine with the clothes...
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

KathyLauren
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 44.5
longitude: -66

I haven't seen the sticky rolls in a long time, but they might still be available somewhere.

There are also those "Magic Brushes" that have hairs pointing in one direction. You brush the clothing in the direction indicated by the arrow on the brush, and it lifts line and hair off the fabric. You have to clean the stuff off the brush periodically, but they work well. I still have mine from 40 years ago, and they still work.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Evercare-Magik ... 1196.m2219