The weather....

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Shirley
A selfsufficientish Regular

The weather....

We've had snow up here in Aberdeenshire, but barely a breath of wind... further south the UK has been battered by winds and so far 7 people have lost their lives as a result - I hope that wherever you are, and whatever you are doing, that you haven't been too badly affected by the weather today.

Do let us know what it's been doing where you are.
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

9ball
Living the good life
Living the good life

Incredibly windy here in Norwich, I can hear all sorts of things crashing around - not looking forwards to surveying the damage when the wind dies down. Worried about my girlfriend who'll have to drive back in the dark on country lanes later :-S. Paranoid thoughts of crashing branches etc.

Shirley

Hope she gets home safe and sound...
Shirley

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

Martin

it's quite a blow down here! - a neighbour just dropped by to tell us not to drive "down" the lane as there's a large tree down blocking it! :?
Mind you, the dog walk was amazing! - at the top of the hill, I could lean back at about 45 degrees, held up by the wind, and a small and beautiful sunset poked through the gloom! :cooldude:
Just love a warm wind - it's positively therapeutic! :dave:
http://solarwind.org.uk - a small company in Sussex sourcing, supplying, and fitting alternative energy products.
Amateurs encouraged - very keen prices and friendly helpful service!

Shirley

That walk sounds good! We had a stunning sunset here - I've taken several photos - must look through them to see if I can find a good one :lol
Shirley

My photos on Flickr

glenniedragon

Quite windy down here, so far I've lost a tarpaulin,had stuff scattered all over the garden, and a roof from the light sussex's run has been blown off causing them to all run panicky into the house- where they have stayed. I'm now glad I felled my old apple tree, it wouldn't have survived this.

kind thoughts
Deb

funkypixie
Living the good life
Living the good life

It's very windy here. Had a bit of a close shave earlier too. I picked up Xan from nursery at lunchtime and was putting him in the car when a tile fell off the roof of the house behind us :shock: . It missed us by about 8 inches and hit the bumper of the car. Not much damage thankfully, and at least it was the car and not our heads. I did stand in shock and stare at it for a while though.

There are lots of trees with damage in the parks too. 'Storm trees' as they are known in our house.

Anna x
Just when you think you're in it up to your neck & it can't get any worse, something craps on your head.

Kev
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Bit of a close one Funkypixie its good that you are both ok. Its been really windy here today too. A few trees came down. The wind was so strong at one point it pushed my bay tree over.

madanna
Tom Good
Tom Good

Recycling boxes are now in the garage - lost the contents of the tetra packs and milk cartons one in the night - no where to be seen on our property or that of the neighbours - must be miles away by now lol (it did have the lid on aswell :oops: if you see a tetrapak flying by i do apologise teehee
Slightly mad but I like me that way - Anyway didnt someone once say that theres a fine line between madness and genius?

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

windy here.
Fence fell down in the wind, so the entrance to the garden is now blocked to stop the dog visitin next door. We had a few powercuts during the day apparently, but i was at work and missed them. there was one for all of 10 seconds or so (long enough for me to think'where did i put the torch') so i got all the candles out, and my shakey torch. No powercut since...

Bit worried abut my friend - he's a truck driver and he's seen 3 blown over already tonight. Hope he gets home safe. I want him in once piece, not many. Last heard from him a couple of hours ago, and he promised to dive safely and be careful. Still worried though :?

Hope the rest of the ishers are safe..and that gardens/allotments survive too.

red

its been really stormy here in the West country. - big ship had to be abandoned off the Cornish coast. hope the crew are ok...
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

my website: colour it green

etsy shop

blog

Paddy's mum
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

A pretty awful day here too yesterday - fens = flat land and few trees to help slow the wind.

Lost the roof of my dog kennel which ended up straddling the large old hedge between us and nice neighbour, but which looked quite funny, in a Pizza Hut kind of way!

Nasty neighbours shed roofing felt was ripped off and whipped along before the wind to break several large panes of glass in my brand new greenhouse but apart from that, all are safe and well.

The deaths yesterday certainly put a little bit of damage to property into its true perspective.

funkypixie
Living the good life
Living the good life

Well said Paddy's Mum.

A x
Just when you think you're in it up to your neck & it can't get any worse, something craps on your head.

Kev
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Agree with you Paddy's mum the loss of life is far more disturbing than damage to property.

Red, As far as I know all the crew from the container ship were rescued.

shiney

It was madly windy here yesterday. I only went out to get the kids from school.

Our neighbours garden wall blew over...all 15ft x 7 ft high of it. Along with his fence.

Mr Shiney was out in a HGV heading north and I was worried to say the least about him blowing over. He got back safely but said he had a couple of scary moments!

All calm here today. Well, windy but nothing like the gusts of yesterday.
If in doubt ~ use a hammer!

http://greeningup.blogspot.com/