"THE FIT-ISH CLUB"

Please keep your posts about natural health and beauty things! This is another popular demand section. So don't prove us wrong and fill it with posts about natural face masks, herbal medicine and anything else you think belongs here.
Big Al
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: "THE FIT-ISH CLUB"

Birdie Wife wrote:I must have missed this thread when it first started! Is this open to everyone - can I join?

I spent Christmas with the MIL and lovely though she is, she was formerly used to having lots of blokes around to feed, and now she lives alone I think she misses the old times, so whenever we stay with her, she buys enough food to feed an army and makes me and OH feel really guilty if we don't eat it :pale: so now my trousers don't fit any more...

I agree with the fruit juice, try Robinsons diluting juice instead, it's really good. I'm going to try not having any desserts through the week, and only drink alcohol two nights a week, and make Saturday my 'treat' day (instead of every day... :lol: )
My wife is a brand junkie and swore nothing could touch robinsons squash until I put asda's own in a robinsons bottle and she didn't notice for 5 bottles then that was only when I told her what I'd done.... the reason I done it was it's cheaper.... mind you the ribs are healing nicely now thank you.
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

Big Al

Are we putting our weights / aims / losses etc in our sig tags for this club ??
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

LBR
Living the good life
Living the good life

Big Al, I'm all for "to each his own". No rules. Each does what is right for him, or her, to do.

SarahJane
Living the good life
Living the good life

I am having an ok day. Had to go shopping and have bought lots of fruit, and have had a bit of a "cook fest" this afternoon, so that I am only eating fresh stuff and dont have to think too much when I get in from work. :flower:

Birdie Wife
Tom Good
Tom Good

Big Al wrote:
Birdie Wife wrote:I must have missed this thread when it first started! Is this open to everyone - can I join?

I spent Christmas with the MIL and lovely though she is, she was formerly used to having lots of blokes around to feed, and now she lives alone I think she misses the old times, so whenever we stay with her, she buys enough food to feed an army and makes me and OH feel really guilty if we don't eat it :pale: so now my trousers don't fit any more...

I agree with the fruit juice, try Robinsons diluting juice instead, it's really good. I'm going to try not having any desserts through the week, and only drink alcohol two nights a week, and make Saturday my 'treat' day (instead of every day... :lol: )
My wife is a brand junkie and swore nothing could touch robinsons squash until I put asda's own in a robinsons bottle and she didn't notice for 5 bottles then that was only when I told her what I'd done.... the reason I done it was it's cheaper.... mind you the ribs are healing nicely now thank you.
I'm not a brand junkie, honest! Just that Robinson's is what we've always had, it was my maiden name, and I CAN tell the difference! :geek: I only buy it when it's on special though (and Lidls have started stocking it), otherwise I drink water or peppermint tea :wink:

eccentric_emma

LOL I used to be the same with Robinson's squash! Can't drink any other squash not even expensive Rock's organic stuff. So ended up just giving it up in the end (when squash was around I wouldnt drink anything else, so it made for an expensive habit)

Anyway, back onto the FIT-ISH club, I walked two miles today, did various exercises too sits up etc. However, have eaten a bag of chocolates from the sweet shop! Oops!
Off grid retreats, rustic cottages, yoga holidays and more in the midst of nature in Central Portugal

http://www.pureportugalholidays.com

Mr and Mrs luvpie
Living the good life
Living the good life

I'm feeling good today, having walked about 2 miles with Master Luvpie on my back, we stopped at health visitor on the route and found out that he now weighs 30lbs so fitter because of the walk and getting stronger shoulders by the minute!
the ever growing luvpie household currently contains, 4 boys, 4 chickens, 2 cats, 2 rabbits, 4 fish, an empty tropical fish tank waiting new arrivals, now are we daft to look at our broody hen thinking, if we got some fertilised eggs........

shell
Living the good life
Living the good life

i have been watching paul mckenna on channel living 2,this time he suggested eating with your eyes closed so your more in tune to when your full,it worked as after finding the food and stopping when i thought i felt full i had left food on my plate,he also suggested putting the knife and fork down while chewing your food and that gives your body time to give the signal that your full,after a while you get better at identifing the full signal,well i`m waiting for telling yourself not to eat the things you fancy when you pass food that smells delicious even when your not hungry,so you try some of it!
he said eat what you like and get rid of the food you dont like in your cupboards as this only makes you worse,mmmmmmmmm
so now for eating with my eyes closed and putting the tools down :scratch:

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Well, I've started walking a longer way home from work. I already walk over 2 miles each way and the weight is still piling on. Don't bother telling me that muscle weighs heavier than fat, it's cream cakes and chocolates at work that are the problem. Still we've managed to get through all the chocolates now so, as long as there are no more birthdays for a while, I have a fighting chance. I finish this job in March (warning pun alert coming up) so I know I will lose weight then I just can't stand the wait :lol:

Cheers
Zoe

prison break fan

I got a fitness dvd in the charity shop. Just need to learn how to use the dvd! pbf

pumpy

You have to stand in a field, & throw the d.v.d. frisbee-style, then run like hell to catch it, before it.............
it's either one or the other, or neither of the two.

prison break fan

Thanks pumpy, as soon as it's light, if they let me out!! pbf

wigan pixie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

So far I'm not doing at all well, but that's cos I've been ill and now my son is ill, so we're basically eating whatever he fancies - anything to get his appetite back.

My intentions are:

Drink more water and less coffee
Eat more fruit and veggies
Try to be more active

I dare not list any more, or I will scare myself into eating chocolate again.
Spreading the knitting love, one stitch at a time :)

Me transmitte sursum, Caledoni!

mamos
Living the good life
Living the good life

I am training for a marathon in April (www.justgiving.com/mamos) hint hint :wink: so I am doing a lot of running at the moment and I cycle about ten miles daily to work and back so I am quite fit.

I just need to sort my diet out now because I do eat a lot and cut back on my cider intake :drunken:

mamos
If you are interested in Self Reliance, Frugal Living, Gardening and becoming Debt Free, follow my Blog Tiny Allotment

Big Al

eccentric_emma wrote:LOL I used to be the same with Robinson's squash! Can't drink any other squash not even expensive Rock's organic stuff. So ended up just giving it up in the end (when squash was around I wouldnt drink anything else, so it made for an expensive habit)

Anyway, back onto the FIT-ISH club, I walked two miles today, did various exercises too sits up etc. However, have eaten a bag of chocolates from the sweet shop! Oops!

... obviously the chocs were not the usual chocolates but low fat, high fibre, low GI, no calorie power pods...... at least that's what mine are called....oops.
Secret Asparagus binger