herbs for health?

Please keep your posts about natural health and beauty things! This is another popular demand section. So don't prove us wrong and fill it with posts about natural face masks, herbal medicine and anything else you think belongs here.
Puddleduck
Tom Good
Tom Good

herbs for health?

I'm planning a medicinal herb garden this year and was wondering if anybody had any suggestions on what to grow. I have lavender, mint, basil, sage, nasturtiums and oregano already growing.

ina
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: herbs for health?

Chamomile?
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

doofaloofa

How much space do you have?

Do you or your peeps have any medical conditions?

I like Feverfew, though it can take up a bit of space, but is tall and attractive

Coltsfoot makes an attractive ground cover with early flowers
ina wrote: die dümmsten Bauern haben die dicksten Kartoffeln

diggernotdreamer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Motherwort has many uses as a medicinal herb, you can dry it and make tea, rosemary is a must for tea for improving the memory and concentration, lemon balm, parsley (rich in so many vitamins), you can go on and on.

niknik
Living the good life
Living the good life

and dont go just ripping out the stinging nettles.they have loads of uses, and some great health improving properties!

Puddleduck
Tom Good
Tom Good

Thanks all, can't believe I forgot such obvious herbs! We have masses of space, loads of patio pots and some hanging baskets to utilise. I have ME/CFS and depression but everybody else is healthy. I 'm also growing blackcurrants for the vitamin C, and have access to loads of elder trees round about for flowers/berries. And don't worry about the nettles niknik, they grow faster than I can pull them, plus we back onto woodland so there are loads there!!

diggernotdreamer
Site Admin
Site Admin

I can really recommend thyme and rosemary tea as a good pick me up. I also suffer depression and neuropathic pain and it is a complete bugger, because it is not how I want to be and I have much to do and sometimes cannot get around to doing it. I have just taken delivery of some Moringa leaf powder capsules, heard great things about Moringa so going to give it a bash and see how it goes.

ina

Well - St. John's Wort should definitely be on the cards, then... Actually, I'll have to look into that - I suspect it doesn't grow too well in our northern climate.
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)