Any ideas? Not best picture :(

Want your Mushroom ID? Ask here and also look at some of the old posts here to see what you might have. Make sure you use a field guide and triple check using google images.
Insy
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Any ideas? Not best picture :(

Hello,

Complete beginner here i don't have any books yet but i have the internet :P i will not be eating anything from outside that i see for a long while just would like to get rough ideas on stuff i see, whilst out on a walk today i found many room & fungi about the woods snapped a few shots on my phone.

Okay i done a bit of looking up and i found this that looks similar to me

Macrolepiota rhacodes Shaggy Parasol Arbroath

But the picture of this had like a flaky cap like it was peeling which the one i saw hasn't so i believe I'm wrong, I'm not good with plant/tree identifications either ill have to get a pocket book on them as well haha, basically i was walking down a track and on the left between the neighboring field and the track in amongst some shrubs/trees i found several of these grouped on a mound.

Know where these were so if need be i could probably take the DLSR to try get some better shots and possibly bring 1 back for better lighting and positioning.

Okay here is a picture of a few i saw today hope pictures are okay any help would be great have some ideas but my opinion usually always end up bad decisions :P.

Okay Picture 1/2/3 were all in same area literally a foot pace distance from each other
1.jpg
1.jpg (145.37 KiB) Viewed 7128 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (191.3 KiB) Viewed 7128 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (112 KiB) Viewed 7128 times
These 2 pictures are of another i saw further along path
4.jpg
4.jpg (162.33 KiB) Viewed 7128 times
5.jpg
5.jpg (166.96 KiB) Viewed 7128 times
I have a lot more photos i took but i shall just start with these for now :D

Thanks
Ben

GeorgeSalt
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Any ideas? Not best picture :(

Insy.. knowing where in the world you are would really help (this is an international forum) and what type of habitat (looks like mature deciduous woodland from the leaf litter).

And welcome to -ish!
Curently collecting recipes for The Little Book of Liqueurs..

Insy
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Hello,

Ooops sorry George that information slipped my mind, well basically I'm from Essex in the South-East. You are correct this place i ventured is a very old woodland has plenty of ponds/bogs and lots of old trees live and dead, just over the road to me so i had a little wonder plenty more to look if i wanted to be thorough.

I had about 100-200 deers run across the path in front of me :D i believe they kicked up the load of mushrooms/fungus i saw broke and flung everywhere :P.

Thanks
Ben

Geoff Dann
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

1,2,3: these are Macrolepiota konradii (no common name).

Geoff