My Little English Country Garden

Post your articles or photos here for possible inclusion on the main site. Please read the guidelines before posting.
RobHed
Barbara Good
Barbara Good
latitude: 51.4796
longitude: -2.5948

Re: My Little English Country Garden

theabsinthefairy wrote:Garden looks great - well done!

You are most kind and thank-you kindly ! The lawn is in a bit of a state at the moment (we had major redecoration work to the outside and the builders piled everything from outside onto the lawn and sadly, it has never recovered) and I find it very difficult to relax when sitting in the garden as I always notice things that need doing - anybody else have this problem ? I would love a bigger garden (wouldn't we all...) and have now reached saturation point I think. You are all very kind and ty for your comments, you beautiful peoples
:grouphug:

ooooh - just found these : came for a while then disappeared sadly :(
Attachments
Copy of AUT_0160.JPG
Copy of AUT_0160.JPG (12.54 KiB) Viewed 21223 times
Copy of AUT_0157.JPG
Copy of AUT_0157.JPG (14.72 KiB) Viewed 21223 times
Last edited by RobHed on Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mad Dad to Evie aged 11 and hubby to Siân

Millymollymandy
A selfsufficientish Regular

RobHed wrote:I find it very difficult to relax when sitting in the garden as I always notice things that need doing - anybody else have this problem ?
Yes! :lol: There's always a weed that needs pulling or something needs deadheading. So when I go to sit in the garden I go far away from any cultivated areas so that I can sit still and chill. But I soon get itchy feet and go off to 'do' something. :lol:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

RobHed
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Millymollymandy wrote:
RobHed wrote:I find it very difficult to relax when sitting in the garden as I always notice things that need doing - anybody else have this problem ?
Yes! :lol: There's always a weed that needs pulling or something needs deadheading. So when I go to sit in the garden I go far away from any cultivated areas so that I can sit still and chill. But I soon get itchy feet and go off to 'do' something. :lol:
I am so glad that I am not alone in this - do you find yourself wanting to do stuff in other people's gardens too, or is it just your own ? I find it only in mine.....

thesunflowergal

I am the same there is always something to be done. I dead head other peoples plants :oops: especially hanging baskets :iconbiggrin:
Stay at home Mummy to Orin 8, Trixie 6 and Temogen 4 . Also three Chickens Dottie, Poppy and Dr Mumbo. Three cats called Flossie and Pickle and Lexi.

Check out my blog:
http://ramblingsofasunflowergal.blogspot.co.uk/

RobHed
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

thesunflowergal wrote:I am the same there is always something to be done. I dead head other peoples plants :oops: especially hanging baskets :iconbiggrin:
LOL - do you tell your friends that you have done it ? :lol:

Love those children's names by the way - beautiful !

Millymollymandy

I notice other people's weeds :iconbiggrin: but I tend not to do things in their gardens but I somehow get slightly irritated when my mother is here and she goes around deadheading things - I don't know WHY I should be bothered as she's helping me, and sometimes she actually asks me 'can I deadhead this rose?' - because it's clearly bothering HER that something needs deadheading and I haven't got around to it yet...... :lol:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

theabsinthefairy

RobHed wrote:
I would love a bigger garden (wouldn't we all...) (
I am very lucky in that my garden is just right for my veggies and has a few flowers and bits of lawn too - except when my other half isn't turning the lawn into a scrapyard (currently have a dead Fiat and a dead Renault as garden ornaments).

But I would LOVE it if people would come round and pull a few weeds and dead head things while there are here, unfortunately most people seem to just want to sit under the terrace shade and imbibe some wine when they visit. Perhaps it is something I could encourage like a tax - sit here for 30minutes = 5 neetles pulled up by the roots. Could be worth a try?
2010 is my year of projects - 365 days and 365 projects.

You can follow my progress on
absinthe fairy blog

my photos are avavilable here
absinthefairy

my shop is available here
mojaziemia

RobHed
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

theabsinthefairy wrote:
RobHed wrote:
I would love a bigger garden (wouldn't we all...) (
I am very lucky in that my garden is just right for my veggies and has a few flowers and bits of lawn too - except when my other half isn't turning the lawn into a scrapyard (currently have a dead Fiat and a dead Renault as garden ornaments).

But I would LOVE it if people would come round and pull a few weeds and dead head things while there are here, unfortunately most people seem to just want to sit under the terrace shade and imbibe some wine when they visit. Perhaps it is something I could encourage like a tax - sit here for 30minutes = 5 neetles pulled up by the roots. Could be worth a try?
Here's a deal for you - invite me round, I'll bring round some of my 20% coffee wine and I will also help you weed and deadhead ! How's that ? hic...... :drunken:

theabsinthefairy

No problem, always looking for a victim - ahem, I mean visitor.......
2010 is my year of projects - 365 days and 365 projects.

You can follow my progress on
absinthe fairy blog

my photos are avavilable here
absinthefairy

my shop is available here
mojaziemia