Cat's daily timetable

Due to popular demand, here is the section to discuss everything to do with our pets. Please remember though to post any queries regarding pet livestock in the livestock section as you are more likely to get the right response there!
Thomzo
A selfsufficientish Regular
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Cat's daily timetable

7am, better wake up sharpish. Noises from upstairs so I'll nip out of cat flap now then, when she comes down, I can wander in nonchalantly and pretend I've been out all night, mousing.

7.15, time to remind her that I NEED breakfast. I haven't eaten for ages (well, not since I woke up anyway) and she really must consider my needs first.

7.30, time for a wash. I must remember to clean my bottom and use the cat litter just as she's eating her breakfast. :pukeright:

7.45, ok, she's getting ready for the day so I'll do her a favour and keep out of her way. Think I'll just stretch out on the windowsill in the sun and zzzzzzzzzz.

12.30, oh dear, must have nodded off for a minute there. Right, what time is it? Ah noises from the kitchen, must be lunchtime. Must remind her that I haven't eaten for ages (well, not since I woke up anyway).

12.45, she's working in the garden. Don't want to get in her way so I think I've just keep an eye on her from the conservatory and zzzzzzzzzzz.

17.00, oh dear, must have nodded off again. Life is just so tiring working hard all day. Now, what woke me, ah sounds from the kitchen, must be dinner time. Must remind her that I haven't eaten for ages (well, not since I woke up anyway).

17.15, she's going to be around for the evening so I suppose I should show her just what an active cat I am. Time to chase my sister, scratch the furniture, jump on her lap and zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

22.00, oh dear, must have nodded off there. Being such an active cat, I do sleep well. Why did I wake up? Oh she's going to bed. Better remind her that I need my supper. I haven't eaten for ages (well, not since I woke up anyway).

22.15, good, she's off to bed. Now I can get some proper sleep zzzzzzzzzz.
Jade - asleep.jpg
Jade - asleep.jpg (68.88 KiB) Viewed 19823 times

baldybloke
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Cat's daily timetable

Sounds like my kind of day, except replace some of the meal times with tea breaks.
Has anyone seen the plot, I seem to have lost mine?

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sounds like my dog's timetable! Especially the pretending to be active and then falling asleep bits.

trinder
Living the good life
Living the good life

I found this post very amusing and had planned to suggest an edit version for our dog which goes along the Panic red alert bark bark bark stages instead of the quiet ambling of a cat. But then I thought it is spring time - nesting time- and if any of you (includes me) cat owner could just keep your cat indoors at two critical points. Sunrise and sunset- they are the times when they will catch the hungry parent bird who just has their eye off the ball. This is the time when our beloved moggies take out most birds. Here endeth the sermon x
On the issue of animals for research "The question is not, 'Can they reason?' nor, 'Can they talk?' but rather, 'Can they suffer?'" Jeremy Bentham

Millymollymandy

Love the posting Zoe! It's so true. :iconbiggrin:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

that_sarah_girl
Tom Good
Tom Good

Sounds like my older cat...

The kitten is similar, except he has another playful period in the middle of the night at the moment where he'll wake us up by attacking our feet....

bill1953
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 53.95
longitude: 8.95

Mine:

05:00 Stand at the bottom of the stairs making a 'mow mow mow mow' noise.

05:10 No response, move up six steps and try again 'mow mow mow mow MOW MOW MOW!!!

05:15 No response, move to the bedroom door 'MMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW'!!!!!!! good, worked run down to the food dish. Stand by the food dish making a noise like a cement mixer. Stop making the noise when you notice no biscuits on top of the food. Give one 'mow' . Biscuits appear. Start making a noise like a cement mixer as they pour out of the packet. Eat the food.

05:20 Sit in the window licking lips and getting the heat from the radiator.

05:25 Finish licking lips and hang over the radiator to get more heat.

06:00 Go outside to add nutrients to the next door but one garden. Roam about checking on the bird population.

07:00 Back in and sleep in the radiator bed in the kitchen.

13:00 Hear him coming in so leave the radiator bed and sit by the food dish making a noise like a cement mixer. Stop making the noise when you notice no biscuits on top of the food. Give one 'mow' . Biscuits appear. Start making a noise like a cement mixer as they pour out of the packet. Eat the food.

13:05 Move upstairs to the spare bedroom and lie in that sunny spot. Keep moving with the sun.

16:00 Go out and see what the other cats in the road are eating. Thank God for those catflaps without magnetic entry.

17:00 Back in and sitting in the window. Notice Big Ginger staring at me from across the road so make noise like a bumble bee until he moves.

17:05 Having faced down Big Ginger fall asleep hanging over the radiator.

21:00 Go out and check the rat and mouse population.

05:00 Stand at the bottom of the stairs making a 'mow mow mow mow' noise.
Last edited by bill1953 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just because you see two eyes shining in the jungle at night, do not think that the worse thing that could happen is that you are about to be attacked by a tiger. It could be two one-eyed tigers.

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

:lol: :lol:

Millymollymandy

:mrgreen: :cheers: :mrgreen:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

alexllever
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
latitude: 275.8
longitude: 43.8

:lol: :lol: so cute. i miss my baby cat too
baby baby, come back to me :brave:

becks77

:lol: :lol: :lol: Ha ha just brilliant, have a new kitten after a long time without cats and was just wondering when he will settle into a routine but I see he probably is mimicking Zoe's cat with the odd dash around the house and up and down legs just for a giggle!!
"no-one can make you feel inferior without your permission"