Keeping cats off your beds

Due to popular demand, here is the section to discuss everything to do with our pets. Please remember though to post any queries regarding pet livestock in the livestock section as you are more likely to get the right response there!
Annemieke
Barbara Good
Barbara Good
latitude: N 51°
longitude: W 3°

Keeping cats off your beds

We made a largeish bed just for them. As long as we keep it nicely raked, they won't go anywhere else.
Annemieke Wigmore,weblink removed by admin please see rules, thanks.

oldjerry
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Keeping cats off your beds

Why should I waste part of my garden,so that someonelse's non-native animal MIGHT not defecate in an area where we grow food my children eat?? And, moreover, encourage said animal to kill even more of the birds we like to see at the same time?

marshlander

Utterly confused for a good ten seconds there as I can't keep my cats off the beds unless I shut the bedroom doors and I was interested how you did it!

A bit harsh OJ :love9: :cat: :love9: :cat: :love9: :cat:
Terri x
“I'd rather be a little weird than all boring.”
Rebecca McKinsey

oldjerry

marshlander wrote:
A bit harsh OJ :
Me? Harsh? surely not.. Akshully I don't dislike the things(never really got this thing about'You either love them or hate them',they're just OK). We had several over the years at the farm,some came in and spent the evening sitting on someone's lap while winding the dog up,others would live outside.My favourite would regularly bring me Young adult rabbits,usually headless(she considered this the only bit worth eating)
I would keep them to stay on top of the rat problem,but they meant the veg patch had to be really well fenced and really that's my point with this rambling drivel...Now I live in town:Whoever it is that keeps the local moggie should be responsible for fencing it in their garden,if it were a dog they would face prosecution if it continually strayed in to other peoples gardens and killed the wildlife,but'they're not so domesticated' they cry....well if you cant keep a wild animal under control..........would you keep a snake and let it roam around the local gardens??....Rant Over..Havent slept again..Can't you tell!!?

boboff

Good point Jerry.

*Keep him taking guys, I'll go get help.
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

oldjerry

I guess your 'l' aint working,but I still love you,you're my favourite, XXX.