Free to a good home...Clive the Cockerel

Not the 1970s UK TV programme, but a free place for people to swap, give away or sell anything from seeds to tractors. Anything illegal or immoral will be deleted.
bonniethomas06
A selfsufficientish Regular

Free to a good home...Clive the Cockerel

Oh dear...the chick we accidentally hatched has now grown up to be a rather beautiful cockerel.

He is a Sasso (i.e meant to be a meat hen) so would be ideal for anyone wanting to breed their own meat hens. He has a lovely temperament and is not shy with the ladies :wink:.

I am really loathe to have to re-home him, but the only fox proof place we have for chickens is close to our neighbours. He is not unusually noisy, but the close proximity means he has to go - preferably to a good home than in a roasting dish!

We can probably deliver within a reasonable distance of Chippenham.

PM me if interested.
"A pretty face is fine, but what a farmer needs is a woman who can carry a pig under each arm"

My blog...

http://www.theparttimesmallholder.blogspot.com

Big Al

Re: Free to a good home...Clive the Cockerel

I'd love to take him but living nearly 300 miles away is a no no. I must say though that the sasso is a fantastic meat bird and one we eat at every opportunity we can. We usually buy them from a farmers market in the lakes but sadly haven't been over for a year or more now.

One side question, do you have to put the cockrel with the ladies every day to get fertilised eggs every day or is one go enough for a few months etc?
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger