Mint Wanted

Not the 1970s UK TV programme, but a free place for people to swap, give away or sell anything from seeds to tractors. Anything illegal or immoral will be deleted.
diggernotdreamer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mint Wanted

Would anyone like to swop some mint with me, I would like to start a collection, I have already

Apple, pineapple, Eau de Cologne, black, ginger and would like anything that is different to those ones, I could swop some of those mints with you or any other plants or seeds. I have a rather nice Pulmonaria rubra, it doesn't have the spotty leaves and it is in flower now (pretty pink flower) and seems to flower most of the year, just about to split a clump, have quite a few plants I am raising, peppers, tomatoes, etc, so if you haven't got round to something or haven't got a propagator, oh have some tree or egyptian onions which are great.

Which mint do you like best and what do you use it for??

I live in Ireland, but if you are in the uk, I use a Royal Mail post office just over the border because european postage rates are a bit pricey

Let me know, thanks a lot Lyn

niknik
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Mint Wanted

sorry lyn, none to swap/donate or otherwise.

Have you seen/tried chocolate mint?? lovely

a bit like an aftereight, great for use in puddings

doofaloofa
A selfsufficientish Regular

I have a load of Spear, a little pepper, and some Boyles(I think). I had some Water as well but I don't know if it took

As and when I dig some up I'll let you know
ina wrote: die dümmsten Bauern haben die dicksten Kartoffeln

diggernotdreamer
Site Admin
Site Admin

thanks nik nik, have found some of that on Ebay now, sounds really nice

Doofa, I would love some of your mints, the water mint here grows wild, so if you want some of that if yours doesnt pop up let me know, cheers Lyn

doofaloofa

I'll PM you when I have some dug

GeorgeSalt
Living the good life
Living the good life

niknik wrote:Have you seen/tried chocolate mint?? lovely
I use that one for mint cordial and a mint liquer, both are Andy's recipes from Booze for Free - but he uses far too much sugar and not enough mint. For the cordial you can double the mint and halve the sugar. Both are very nice. The mint cordial is extremely refreshing in summer, and the liqueur is a welcome reminder of summer in the depth of winter.

I've got a Moroccan Mint that hasn't yet woken up, that one's very nice for making mint tea.
Curently collecting recipes for The Little Book of Liqueurs..

diggernotdreamer
Site Admin
Site Admin

I like the sound of Moroccan mint, I nearly lost all my teeth when I went there and drank the mint tea, ugh so much sugar

shell
Living the good life
Living the good life

I have grapefruit mint,what did you want ?cutting or seed,not sure if seeds available at present,its in the polytunnel and threatening to break out :iconbiggrin: it started as a present from a friend and i foolishly planted it my polytunnel>>>>>>

diggernotdreamer
Site Admin
Site Admin

shell wrote:I have grapefruit mint,what did you want ?cutting or seed,not sure if seeds available at present,its in the polytunnel and threatening to break out :iconbiggrin: it started as a present from a friend and i foolishly planted it my polytunnel>>>>>>
I would really like some of that, I don't mind what I have, if ye are digging some up, a piece of root would be grand. Let me know what you would like to swop, cheers Lyn

julie_lanteri
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I've got Moroccan mint, variegated pineapple mint, peppermint, chocolate peppermint and spearmint (well that's what was on all the labels :p )
You're welcome to some roots but I'm afraid I've got a couple of newby/stupid questions first: can I take cuttings now (I was planning on giving them bigger pots anyway)? do you send them in the post in a bag with a bit of compost?

diggernotdreamer
Site Admin
Site Admin

julie_lanteri wrote:I've got Moroccan mint, variegated pineapple mint, peppermint, chocolate peppermint and spearmint (well that's what was on all the labels :p )
You're welcome to some roots but I'm afraid I've got a couple of newby/stupid questions first: can I take cuttings now (I was planning on giving them bigger pots anyway)? do you send them in the post in a bag with a bit of compost?

Hello Julie, thanks for your reply, I would love some of your mint. Mint is just starting to wake up now, so a good time to repot. The roots would come to no harm wrapped in a little damp newspaper and put into a plastic bag as long as roots don't dry out they will be fine. Would you like to swap anything with me?? Will be happy to refund any postage expenses etc, I will try to send you a message, but I have not been able to send messages for some reason, cheers Lyn

julie_lanteri
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Hi Lyn, got your pm.
I need to get pots and compost organised and I'll prepare some roots for you. Can you let me know what you'd like and send me your address in a pm?

shell
Living the good life
Living the good life

will dig some up,got your pm,please send address,will post monday,so you should get it pretty quickly,i,m in sw Ireland.
:iconbiggrin:

Minnesota
Living the good life
Living the good life

What, no mention of catnip ?

that's my fav mint....ummm that'd be my cats fav mint :)

doofaloofa

Minnesota wrote:What, no mention of catnip ?

that's my fav mint....ummm that'd be my cats fav mint :)
you're sick

but you smell so minty