'Gras' or Asparagus

Do you want more categories on this forum? Do you want to see some other things on the main site? Any suggestions you have, please let us know.
Evesham Resident
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

'Gras' or Asparagus

Us locals round t'Vale of Evesham grow a crop which is very close to our hearts - 'gras', you may know it as asparagus. Well it is truely delicious and very expensive to buy cut - so why not grow your own - all you need to do is buy a 'crow'. The local authority can direct you as to a very good supplier (01386 565000) You may even get so hooked that you visit the annual 'gras' Fayre as well as 'gras' auctions. Evesham is located in a beautiful part of South Worcestershire - why not take a visit - only 2hrs from London...so go on get hooked on 'gras'!!!

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

'Gras' fayre

So when is the annual gras fayre?

Is there a stone circle or something like that in Eversham? I seem to recall that there is something of that kind in those parts. Might check out the fayre next time around.
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

Thinning Asparagus

I grow asparagus and have got a good crop over the last two years. this year they have been rather thin, what should I do to improve it? When should I cut back the fern which is starting to look a bit of a mess?