topic for people in rented homes

Do you want more categories on this forum? Do you want to see some other things on the main site? Any suggestions you have, please let us know.
tiggy
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

topic for people in rented homes

a lot of my neighbours rent their homes,so i think do a lot of you good folk.maybe a place for tenants to share info would be handy.what does everyone else think.

eccentric_emma
A selfsufficientish Regular

good idea.
Off grid retreats, rustic cottages, yoga holidays and more in the midst of nature in Central Portugal

http://www.pureportugalholidays.com

Brij
Living the good life
Living the good life

It is a good idea, but I think most related comments would fit into categories that already exist... eg. a topic about growing plants in pots would go in gardening.
"Only after the last tree has been cut down,
Only after the last river has been poisoned,
Only after the last fish has been caught,
Only then will you realise that money cannot be eaten"

Cree Indian prophecy

My Blogette

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: topic for people in rented homes

tiggy wrote:a lot of my neighbours rent their homes,so i think do a lot of you good folk.maybe a place for tenants to share info would be handy.what does everyone else think.
Well as the site founder I would say that we do cater for rented homes as I have one! Brij has really said what I wanted to, in that anything that is rented home specific can go in topics already on here. In fact it has been known for people to ask if stuff can be done in a rented home.
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

having been shafted by landlord after landlord, I@d be happy to offer advice on assured shorthold tenancies lol!
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

tiggy
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

hi andy, i think mrs fibble has hit the nail on the head. when i rented i felt a bit vunerable and isolated. no tenants group just mad and sometimes downright scary neighbours inbedsit type places never mind an evil landlord or 2.since the 1970s things have changed a bit but in some places not much.
anyway will leave it with you all and fly off back to gardening on my broomstick. be happy be green luv tig

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think a section as you suggest, covering more of the legal side of things would be a potential third rail. When we talk about our homes we can quite rightly get very emotional, it could easily become a sounding board for slagging off landlords and they have enough money to sue!

Anyway, I found this which might help http://www.penaltychargesforum.co.uk/fo ... .php?f=273
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

tiggy
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

thanks for the link,I have bookmarked it and will be able to pass the info on to any one who needs it. I hadnt envisaged a negative thread more a helpfull suggestions and encouragement area.I escaped the trials and tribulations of renting at the end of the seventies but now have friends who rent.I have to say that their place is not bad.cats allowed in ground floor places,space in the cmmunal garden to grow food and a cleaner once a week to clean shared bathrooms and toilets also hall stairs and landings.no scary people either .best wishes all be happy tiggy

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

thanks for the link Andy.
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!