Banana Smoothie Update

Any issues with what nappies to buy, home schooling etc. In fact if you have kids or are planning to this is the section for you.
grubbysoles
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Banana Smoothie Update

Hello All,

Following my thread about banana smoothies allegedly speeding up labour, I got the chance to try it out at the weekend! Bump decided to pull the plug and set the waters free on Sunday (5 days early), so there was I, mixing up banana smoothie, waiting for labour to kick in so I could try it out on my way to the old VBAC.

Alas, my silly old body decided NOT to go into labour that day. Or the next day. Went to hospital where they gave me the scary warnings about my waters having gone meaning an infection could get in there. I bounced on the Swiss ball, walked around the hospital grounds a thousand times, and still no labour. So I sacrificed the VBAC and went for the caesarian - I just couldn't bear the thought of some kind of infection getting in and ruining everything right at the end. And I didn't drink the banana smoothie - Mr Grubby did!! He didn't go into labour either.

So I guess another of our pregnant Ish-ers will have to test the theory! Our newest self-sufficientish member is Nya Elsie Rose and she's delicious. Going to wait for her little belly button clip thing to fall off then I'll start her in her little fluffy nappies. Eco disposables until then. I'm off to get some sleep before the next feed.

:flower:

Mr and Mrs luvpie
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Banana Smoothie Update

Congratulations and welcome Nya, I personally think that you had a lucky escape, as can't stand the thought of banana smoothies, got to be berries if anything!

Enjoy your baby and enjoy every snatched moment of rest that you can get!

Sarahx
the ever growing luvpie household currently contains, 4 boys, 4 chickens, 2 cats, 2 rabbits, 4 fish, an empty tropical fish tank waiting new arrivals, now are we daft to look at our broody hen thinking, if we got some fertilised eggs........

becks77
A selfsufficientish Regular

Awww congratulations and welcome to LO
"no-one can make you feel inferior without your permission"

clare
Living the good life
Living the good life

Congratulations and welcome LO.I was told pineapple and orange juice in large quantities get labour going so drank loads and ate 2 whole pineapples when I was 5 days late but it was a sweep at the hospital that go me going and I was off pineapple and OJ for ages!!
Grow it,make it ,eat it, drink it and sleep well!

Cloud
Living the good life
Living the good life

My mum went in to labour with me halfway through eating a banana, so I've been told (many times)

Hello Nya Elsie Rose :wave: welcome to the world. It's yours.
Image Image
Augustus and Hattie

Fizzy Izzy
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I'm sorry it didn't all work out the way you wanted, but you must still be thrilled! Welcome to Nya! :cheers:

I'll try and test the banana smoothie theory for you if you like... I love bananas :)
Smile :)

Milims

Congratulations and lots of happiness to you all!
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

MrsD'ville mkII
Living the good life
Living the good life

Congratulations and welcome to little Nya :sunny:
Raising four from 1 to 17 in ruralmost Herefordshire: http://39again.wordpress.opensure.net/

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

congrats, as for pineapple juice... you'd need to eat something like 6 whole, ripe, fresh pineaplles for it to even begin to have an effect.

banana smoothies? no ideas lol!

glad Nya came into the world safe and sound though.
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!