What Ishy things are you grateful for this week?

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Nomada
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: What Ishy things are you grateful for this week?

I'm grateful for my allotment, that most of my stuff is growing so well this year and that I was given a camping stove by the lovely bloke on the opposite plot to make a cup of tea on whilst I'm there! :iconbiggrin:
England is not a Free People, till the Poor that have no Land, have a free allowance to dig and labour the Commons.

Mrs H
Living the good life
Living the good life

JulieSherris wrote:
Mrs H wrote:.....
My kids and the fact they r happy to stick their wellies and boiler suits on and come out in any weather to help me sort the animals.....
Haha.... do they fancy a holiday in the Republic?? :wink: :lol:
Ill stick them in the post!!
Let's face it if they hated the rain they would be doomed living here!!! Lol

greenishfingers
Tom Good
Tom Good

Great thought-provoking thread ! I'm grateful for finding this site,with friendly,like-minded people,listening to the blue-tit chicks in a nest above my back door,going to look at my tomato plants every morning (and smelling them,my favourite smell),sitting in my allotment listening to the birds,I'm grateful for every seed that germinates,and to my husband who's building a den for our son out of wood from a skip x
For us to lose contact with the soil results in real unease and maladjustment...to recapture it affords profound joy and inward comfort. Sam Ogden

battybird
A selfsufficientish Regular

I am grateful for
having good health,
having my OH in reasonable health again
Living near the sea, everchanging views/colours/and when its windy it reminds me of the power of nature...and the smell of seaside!!
I even like the windturbines on the horizon...controversial I know, but they break up the grey skyline
Having a job I love
Family and friends :grouphug:
Our daft dog (we were not going to get one) who shows such joy in us and everything we do, AND makes us go for long walks whatever the weather!
It's lovely to spend time actively thinking about all the good things in ones life! :cheers:
The cockerel makes the noise, the hen produces the goods!! anon

oldfella
latitude: 44.564
longitude: 0.959

Being owned by 3 crazy dogs,who allow me to play chase sometimes, The chicken and geese, who talk to me, first thing in the morning when I put their food out. Helping my grand daughter,after she explained to me that she had to clean the moss from the base an oak tree, because she said, "He did not like it, :dontknow: oh and the 11 kilos of cherries now in the freezer, and the strawberry jam now in the storeroom, the rain that is falling outside the window;

For friends who are there for you
For shoulders to cry on
For Andy and Dave for Ish
For the motley lot that make up, Selfsufficenttish.com.

Thank you all, I am most Grateful,
:grouphug:
I can't do great things, so I do little things with love.

indy
Living the good life
Living the good life

the ishy things that I am grateful for:

I am glad to be back after my enforced hiatus
I love my little smallholding, brambles and all
I do mind that my veg plans have not come to fruition this year but I am so grateful to now be able to think about this winter and next year
I am very grateful to have such wonderful friends that are helping me build raised beds so this old crockpot no longer has to bend (back op)
I find great joy in watching the antics of my variable livestock
I love the area in which I now live, it is a joy that cannot be imagined to finally come home
Sing like nobody's listening, live like there's no tomorrow, dance like nobody's watching and love like you've never been hurt.

thesunflowergal

I am loving reading everyones responses :grouphug:.

I am soooooooo grateful that people here gave me advice on how to unblock my toilet :lol: :lol: :lol:
Stay at home Mummy to Orin 8, Trixie 6 and Temogen 4 . Also three Chickens Dottie, Poppy and Dr Mumbo. Three cats called Flossie and Pickle and Lexi.

Check out my blog:
http://ramblingsofasunflowergal.blogspot.co.uk/

sleepyowl

I'm grateful for my first crop of raspberries, for some fabulous home baking on the community stalls at Pride, of people being interested in my guerrilla gardening group & taking excess saved seeds and the olive tree from the memorial service that I shall be guerrilla gardened by my group, it is beautiful.
Organiser of the Rainbow Moot for LGBT Pagans in the West Midlands
http://robstacey.blogspot.co.uk/

MuddyWitch
latitude: 52.643985
longitude: -1.052939

Today I'm most greatful for a daughter who can mend laptops for free after the 'pooter shop quoted me £45 + parts/softwear!

MW
If it isn't a Greyhound, it's just a dog!

Milims

More hens - we are offering a home to a friends hens because she is moving away.
Living were we do. People come here on holiday! Tonight, despite the fact that we live close to a beach, we drove to the next village but one for another beach to walk on - how lucky we are to have such wonderful choices so close. We can see "our" beach from the one we were on - the view along the coast and out to sea is amazing!
A poly tunnel and garden full of growing food and knowing that it will be the very freshest and that we won't be spending a fortune on it!
The thought that I don't really need to make jam, from foraged fruit, this year - there is still a cupboard full - but I will probably stil make it just because I can!
My daughters BF (and a fussy eater) likes my tomato ketchup! :mrgreen:
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

greenishfingers
Tom Good
Tom Good

I'm grateful for...My peas growing so well despite very odd weather.
Seein finches go and get food from my bird-feeder then go and give it to their babies who were waiting on my shed roof
Watching a very comical baby thrush hop around my allotment.
My lovely friend who let me ride her horse yesterday and gave me a bag of straw.
My beautiful,clumsy,nice-but-dim Newfoundland Matilda who makes me laugh every day.
The sun that's finally peeping through the clouds.
Being well enough to enjoy the little things that make me smile.
Finally,I'm grateful for this thought-provoking post,it rmakes me stop and think !
For us to lose contact with the soil results in real unease and maladjustment...to recapture it affords profound joy and inward comfort. Sam Ogden

chickenchargrill
Living the good life
Living the good life

I need to reply to this one, feeling a bit too negative.

Just as I thought the only way I was going to get anything done around the house was to lock my boy in the cellar for the day, I've had my mam offer to come and help tomorrow. I might actually have a cleanish house, or at least one with a few less dog hairs and paw prints.

The crow we had to stay last night flying off this morning.

Being able to snack on fresh peas in the garden - they've not made it in the house yet and I'm pretty sure they're too good to share with the kids.

I am grateful for this place and 'meeting' lots of lovely people to chat to on here or FB :grouphug:

I love that my youngest daughter prefers to spend her pocket money on clothes instead of toys she's going to play with once and then break or never looked at again.

I love that Peter's 'job' means he gets to play games all day and isn't one that stresses him out.

I'm grateful that we got our dog, who loves me even when I'm grumpy.

My friend pursuading us to have a photoshoot done for free and prints at cost price.

And last of all, I'm grateful for the garden that came with this house.

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Just got home from a lovely weekend away and the first thing I did was picked a bowlfull of blackcurrants, raspberries, strawberries and logan berries, mmmmm.

Zoe

Awne
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Im very grateful (and very excited) for the orchard we have just been given....the trees all have canker and havent been bothered with for years and we have been told if we remove them and re plant new ones we can use the rest of the land aswell. This also means we will have a huge pile of firewood and as we dont have central heating just a coal fire (saving hard for a rayburn for the kitchen) this is a real blessing. Buuuuut the thing that has made me happiest today is the feel of 22 little ex bat bodies milling around my feet as I walked through their run today :sunny:

Mrs H
Living the good life
Living the good life

Today I'm grateful for new life! 3 perfect goslings hatched safely and I lamped the duck eggs tonite n they wee aLL fertile! X