Swap: hard work in return for accommodation

Not the 1970s UK TV programme, but a free place for people to swap, give away or sell anything from seeds to tractors. Anything illegal or immoral will be deleted.
wildbee
Tom Good
Tom Good

Swap: hard work in return for accommodation

Hello,

I am hoping to find self contained accommodation for myself and my partner that I can 'pay' for by working my socks of planting veg, feeding animals, mucking out, churning butter, digging ditches, childminding, walking the dog or pretty much anything a petite 24yr old female could reasonably manage.

We are paying members of 'MindMyHouse.com' currently on a four month house sit in Northamptonshire providing care and entertainment for a hyper-intelligent cat and will be available from the beginning of June when this finishes.

I am practically minded and quick to learn, I enjoy the company of all kinds of animals and would be particularly interested in joining someone who keeps an organic dairy cow or two (hundred?). I'm good with kids, having seven siblings of my own (aged 3-21!) so perhaps could provide a family with help around the house. We both have experience with house sitting and looking after a variety of animals including reptiles, hens, dogs, cats, bees and fish.

WWOOF/Helpx certainly have a very large amount of hosts and offer lots of opportunities doing this sort of thing (I have my eye on a couple) however at the moment I am looking to stay in one place for at least a month at a time and with reasonable living standards - please, no tents, shared bunk rooms, washing in the river etc.

We are clean, tidy non-smokers with own transport and no penalty points, available to most areas of the county from June 2011.

Thanks very much for reading :)
Last edited by wildbee on Mon May 30, 2011 3:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

giz
Tom Good
Tom Good

Re: Swap: hard work in return for accommodation

not got anything really, cos my house is pant.. lol.. but.. WHAT a brilliant idea... good luck with it..

sidtheglass
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Hi,
I am new to this site. I just saw the ad for hard work in return for accommodation. If you have not found anything by now..... I live in a rambling Devon Longhouse which I am hoping to sell later this year in order to build an ecohouse. I need help putting this place in order ready for selling - from gardening to painting. The place is chaos (I'm afraid normal housewifely skills seem to have passed me by) but it is happy chaos full of children and animals and there would be a separate bedroom and sitting room (sky TV!!!) for the right person/s. There is the posssibility of own bathroom but the kitchen would be shared.

wildbee
Tom Good
Tom Good

sidtheglass wrote:Hi,
I am new to this site. I just saw the ad for hard work in return for accommodation. If you have not found anything by now..... I live in a rambling Devon Longhouse which I am hoping to sell later this year in order to build an ecohouse. I need help putting this place in order ready for selling - from gardening to painting. The place is chaos (I'm afraid normal housewifely skills seem to have passed me by) but it is happy chaos full of children and animals and there would be a separate bedroom and sitting room (sky TV!!!) for the right person/s. There is the posssibility of own bathroom but the kitchen would be shared.
:cheers: Wow your house is gorgeous and we look forward to joining you guys at the weekend and helping with your exciting plans!
Last edited by wildbee on Mon May 30, 2011 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

locum76
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
latitude: 56 1538.47
longitude: 3 1337.98

how about hard work in return for a house and pay? check out my thread on work available near Edinburgh.

wildbee
Tom Good
Tom Good

locum76 wrote:how about hard work in return for a house and pay? check out my thread on work available near Edinburgh.
Hi Rob,
Sounds like a great opportunity but a little above my skill level perhaps, unfortunately I don't have the managerial or commercial garden planning experience to be let loose on a farm business just yet!
Congrats on your new role.

P.s I enjoyed reading your newsletter, it's really nicely done

blacksheep
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Too late you have found somewhere! I am not sure how long you will be at your current location but if you are looking for another place in July we may be in a position to offer a lovely cottage 4 miles from our farm in the Mid Wales/Shropshire Marches in return for some help getting the cottage and garden ready for my inlaws to move into and help on our 40 acre holding - sheep, horses, ducks and a big polytunnel! I struggle with a back problem so opportunities for help very much appreciated!

wildbee
Tom Good
Tom Good

Hi Blacksheep thanks for your message, I've pm'd you.

blacksheep
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Hi Wildlife, have replied direct to your email so hopefully the message reached you ok