Wild Camp Fury

Politics, news, current affairs and anything else that you think should be here goes here.
clanpowell
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Wild Camp Fury

My mate and I went wild camping in the Brecon Beacons yesterday. When we reached our intended campsite, a really nice Cwm at the foot of Corn Du/ Pen Y Fan, we were both angered by what we found. A pringles tub with a poo in it, a beer can, cigarette butts, used chewing gum and a wrapper from a camping meal. Who do these people think is going to tidy it up? What is the matter with them? We left no sign of our night in the mountains, really not that hard to do. Wild camping enthusiaists have fought hard to get the right to camp in the national parks and when you see that sort of ignorance it gives true wild campers (Those of us who transcribe to leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos) a bad name. No wonder it was so hard to get the right to do it in England and Wales.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :banghead: :banghead:
On the otherhand what a cool couple of days. Cwm was full of newts and clear as crystal. Sunset on Pen Y Fan was amazing and we saw a red kite this morning. :happy10:

StripyPixieSocks
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Wild Camp Fury

It disgusts me that people can take the bloody items TO the place when full but not take them home again empty!

Also annoys me when fishermen / women strip their line off and leave it strewn all over the place, one guy my hubby knows managed to take TWO bags of rubbish home with him from just one fishing mark and NONE of it was his!!

I have noticed the junk arriving about the same time as the holiday-makers, I guess they don't have to live here so they don't care *blood boiling*

snapdragon
latitude: 51.253841
longitude: -1.612340

Infuriating!!! last time I visited Silbury Hill I collected beer and pop cans and various takeaway cartons (luckily I had room on the bike) furious that these twonks can carry full cans there but not empty ones away again :angryfire:
Say what you mean and be who you are, Those who mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind
:happy6:

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Sorry, I'm just amazed they can cr4p in a Pringles tube! :shock: :lol:

On a more serious note, these are the reason wild camping is barred in most places.
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

boboff

What flavour Pringles?
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

zaxdog
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

That is disgraceful behaviour :shock:

I have noticed that in tourist season we tend to see a fair amount of rubbish on the island. I take a bag along whilst walking the dog every so often to fill. The nightmare for us is when tourists bring their dogs but not bags for their poo so the right of way outside our house can have four or five piles a day for us to clean up. This summer I have vowed to bag it and give it back to them when they are heading back to the ferry :angryfire:

SouthernDave
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

boboff wrote:What flavour Pringles?
Has to be BBQ I'd say...........

It is annoying but also an indicator of the disposable society we live in. Yes the people are responsible for their actons, but years of advertising and media saying its okay to just chuck stuff away and not take any responsibility fr your own actions just normalises it. I bet if you managed to speak to the perpetrators they'd not see they'd done anything wrong. Ah well, its the world we live in.

I am still struggling with the logistics of using a Pringles tube in such a fashion - they must have the aim of a sniper........ :pottytrain1: :pukeleft: :mrgreen:

Susie

Green Aura wrote:Sorry, I'm just amazed they can cr4p in a Pringles tube! :shock: :lol:
That was my first reaction! I bet it was more trouble doing that than doing whatever you're supposed to do with it!
blog
shop
that's it ;-)

SouthernDave

I suppose it's quicker by tube.................. :lol:

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

You're all suffering from the mistaken assumption that the offending item was put into the Pringles tube AFTER the contents were eaten. My experience tells me that you can open a tube of Pringles to find it's already full of crap.

Mike
The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)

clanpowell
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

MKG wrote:You're all suffering from the mistaken assumption that the offending item was put into the Pringles tube AFTER the contents were eaten. My experience tells me that you can open a tube of Pringles to find it's already full of crap.

Mike
:lol: :lol: :lol:
To answer earlier questions, it was cream cheese and chive. Nice. :pukeright:

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Can't disagree there with you Mike :salute: :lol:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

boboff

Have you ever put a match to a pringle? They drip green Fat!!!!!! YUK!!
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

dave45

I didn't believe you, so I tried it. salt n vinegar pringles burn really well but don't drip green fat... Or any other colour.. They burn surprisingly well though !

MuddyWitch
latitude: 52.643985
longitude: -1.052939

Why would any-one look at a pringle (or any other revolting 'snack') & think 'I wonder what happens if you set it alight'? :? :? :?

MW
If it isn't a Greyhound, it's just a dog!