weight loss group

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Durgan
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: weight loss group

My Juicer. Believe it or not I got mine for nothing. My son brought it to me from a friend who didn’t use it. At first I was not impressed, since I had a centrifugal juicer years past and found it such a misery to clean that I gave it away, also it didn’t leave enough of the microscopic fibre.
http://www.championjuicer.com/
These units have to be heavy. (The cheap plastic is junk.) I keep mine on a table in the dining room and move it into place in the kitchen as required. The Champion appears to be indestructible, and does a marvellous job, and is easy to clean. I am finding more uses for it as I get more experience.

Usually depending upon the product I cook the product and beat it into a mash http://www.durgan.org/URL/?AJMWT then strain http://www.durgan.org/URL/?CPBLL then put the residue from the strainer through the juicer. Then if there is enough I pressure can for storage, otherwise it is put in the refrigerator for immediate use.

For making juice raw, I simply beat the product into a juice in the blender.I use whatever is available. You get all the fibre this way. This is a raw product, but I feel a lot must be lost digesting, but at least one can ingest a lot of fresh produce. It will keep in the refrigerator if sealed for about 8 days.
http://www.durgan.org/URL/?YTLUO 5 June 2011 Juice

I might add making these products a portion of your diet, weight control is easy and weight loss is relatively rapid at first even without noticing, since appetite is reduced. And certainly one is getting all the necessary nutrients. My view is there is no sense losing weight by dieting and still eating the same food that made one heavy. Further there are few people in our modern society who do not have a weight problem.

Durgan http://durgan.org/2011/

Marmalady
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Ok final weigh- in:

11 st 2 1/2 lb

So didn't make my goal for the year of getting under 11 stone

But on the plus side I have lost 10 lb over the year

My goal for next year will be to get somewhere near 10 st -- hopefully without all the yoyoing i've had this year!!

(my total weight loss was actuall 31 lb -- such a shame it was offset by gains of 20 over the year too!)

How have you all done?

Big Al

Well done Marmalady, the year hasn't ended yet. come on one last push over the next 2 weeks will see the weight target achieved.... :iconbiggrin:

As for next year 2012, I've got some ideas that I'd like your oppinions on.

The 1st of January is a Sunday so how about having this as our national weigh day?
If Sunday is not possible for you then weigh another day and then declare all on a sunday. That way we all have a duty to declare and keep dieting / food intake in our minds instead of Oh I'll get weighed some day etc.
Also how about declaring a true weight on the 1st of January so we forget what has passed in 2011. We can then look forward to a new year of weight losses and we can have a realistic target to aim for by a set time, say the 1st of March, 1st May, 1st July, 1st Sept, 1st Nov ready for the big push towards Christmas 2012. This gives us easy periods to work towards and smaller weight losses of say 7 pound between each weigh target above although we will still be doing weekly weight posts. That way we could lose up to 40 - 50 pounds in a year with only 1 pound a week. I need to lose over 100 pounds and mrs BA has to lose over 90 pounds so we are in it for the long haul anyway.

Do you want a bit more harsher posting regarding weight gains? Obviously not too harsh etc but when we put on instead of saying " oh never mind" should it be "Why did you put on" how did your diet change?" etc whilst still giving encouragment. I'm happy to do this but if the occasion arises when I post something that is ott then don't be afraid to say so if indeed you would like me to take this role on.
I tried to give encouragment to all in 2011 and only once posted a comment that a person took offence to [even if it was that persons alternative understanding to my post that no one else saw as offensive] but I would like to ask you all to give me a bit of a kicking when I fall off the wagon.

I'm happy to set goals, challenges, targets, give health advice, infomation on health and exercise and importantly encouragement to everyone along with you all doing the same but bear in mind my only qualifications is that i've had a lifetime of fighting obeasity but no formal paper qualifications. Some might question why I need to lose over 100 pounds if i know what I am doing but over the last 3 years I've already lost over 120 pounds.

I'm diabetic now, yup it finally got me after 7 years of being borderline but now the fun starts so I really do need to lose weight and soon.
I'll be honest with my weight posts if you all are and when I put on, which sure as hell is hot I will if you can give me some stick I'd appreciate it greatly ( and I won't return it when you put on, well only a bit) :grouphug:

So what do you all think?

Big (soon to be not so BIG) Al
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

Marmalady
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Big Al wrote:Well done Marmalady, the year hasn't ended yet. come on one last push over the next 2 weeks will see the weight target achieved.... :iconbiggrin:
:iconbiggrin:

with the best will in the world, i cannot see me losing that final 2 lb over the next couple of weeks!

As for the rest of your ideas:

I have been weighing myself every Monday morning for the last couple of years or so -- and will continue to weigh & report on mondays if thats OK (more convenient than Sunday)

My declared target for 2012 -- to get down to 10 st -- so that will make 16 to lose (plus whatever goes on over Christmas)- or just over 1 lb a month which ought to be achievable (but then so this year's target should have been too!)

I'm sure your advice brickbats & bouquets will be very welcome Al

demi
latitude: 41° 50' N
longitude: 22° 00' E

hey marmalady,

2lbs in 2 weeks is easy to do! thats only 1 lbs a week. iv lost 4lbs this week already by just eating loads of fruit and soup.

today my mum brought a selection box of buiscuts. not good, iv already eaten 8! :shock: not good, not good, not good!!!! i have no control when things are put in front of me.
Tim Minchin - The Good Book
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1I3mBojc0

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'

boboff

OK, I have no right to say this, but cut Marmalady some slack, on reading this thread she is by far the most disciplined poster, and its Christmas........ enjoy the Holiday, feel uncomfortable on News Years day, it all adds to the motivation.

I am up for it in the new year, can't wait in fact. ( well obviously I can wait, as I will be eating chips and roasts and chocolate over the next couple of weeks, but hey!)
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

Big Al

It was rather tounge in cheek regarding Marmalady from someone who put on 4 pounds this week :cheers:

I think at this time of year people switch off the diet as they think of it as being on a punishing regime without any good things, thus caution is thrown out and we all suffer over eating. One year a guest at my christmas dinner table saw me go through a lot of food and then leave some. She remarked that there were 1000's of children in Africa starving and would love the food I'd left to which I replied I didn't see you giving your plate full to the red cross!!

She's never spoke to me since, :dontknow:

I don't buy mince pies, a lot of cheese [ well over 5 pounds per person that is :lol: ] christmas cake or puddings, salted nuts etc. I reduce the amount of cream and butter I buy and generally now I can keep my weight reasonably level over christmas.

However you celebrate this Christmas holiday Enjoy it.
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

boboff

Yeah, well done M8.
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

Marmalady
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

You're ok AL -- i did realise that you weren't serious about one last push to get rid of that last couple of pounds before the end of the year :)

Although one Christmas crafts / recipe book I've got does have a chapter on how to stick to the diet over Christmas -- involves not buying too many treats, giving away boxes of chocolates, low-calorie versions of pudding etc -- and then 2 days of near starvation and long walks between christmas & new year!

Big Al

Marmalady wrote:You're ok AL -- i did realise that you weren't serious about one last push to get rid of that last couple of pounds before the end of the year :)

Although one Christmas crafts / recipe book I've got does have a chapter on how to stick to the diet over Christmas -- involves not buying too many treats, giving away boxes of chocolates, low-calorie versions of pudding etc -- and then 2 days of near starvation and long walks between christmas & new year!
Boxes of chocolates at Christmas time are really special. They are not nasty sweets but high fibre, low fat, low sugar, high protien, high carb power pills !! :lol:

..And if you believe that you will believe I'm a saint :wave:

Thank you for the praises, I will do my best over 2012 to whip you all into shape.
Secret Asparagus binger

Marmalady
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

="Big Al
Boxes of chocolates at Christmas time are really special. They are not nasty sweets but high fibre, low fat, low sugar, high protien, high carb power pills !! :lol:

Well chocolate comes from a bean -- so thats one of your 5-a-day

And its a well-known fact that christmas is a calorie-free day

Big Al

I didn't know that.... :santa:
Secret Asparagus binger

demi

i plan on being sensible until christmas day then having chrismas day as the reward!
i could try to control myself on christmas day too but what the hell! it is christmas afterall and you cant have a proper christmas without stuffing your face full of food until you burst! :)
merry christmas! :)

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'

Big Al

THE BUTTER HAS ARRIVED!!!!!!
Secret Asparagus binger

demi

wow im another 3lbs down! im astonished as iv nearly devowered an entire selection box of buiscuts my self this week! :shock:
i would have eaten all of them but the ones that are left are the ones i dont like so at least that saves me from eating any more! :lol:

im wonderiing if its looking posible to get to 9st by new year? im really suprised at how much iv lost in nearly 2 weeks..........that would be 7lb!
its probably just water weight though and you allways loose the most at the begining.
but concidering iv not straved myself im really pleased with that.
i am breastfeeding though so that burns an extra 500 calories a day, which will probably cancell out all the buiscuts! :lol:

so im 9st 6lbs this morning. gonna try to aim for 9st by the 1st of january. but im not expecting to get there as christmas is in the way.
as long as i dont go back up again all be happy :santa:

and its my birthday tomorrow! i forgot :lol: my hubby will probably be taking me out for a meal. that might interfear too. oh well!