Weight loss group 2012

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Flo
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Weight loss group 2012

I'm lighter than I have been since 1996 which says nothing except that I'm now under 14 stone. I'm doing a course that addresses what you eat, how you could improve this and also looks at why you eat, what sets you off and what sort of exercise you would like to do (well you are more likely to keep this up aren't you). It's supposed to address lifestyle changes in eating rather than calorie counting and fad diets.

I'd like to get back to 10 stone but that is likely to be long term. Anyway - the present weight is better than 15 stone 8lbs eh?

prison break fan

I would like to know more about the course Flo! Sounds just the sort of thing I need! pbf.

demi
latitude: 41° 50' N
longitude: 22° 00' E

I'v been binging really terribly the past few days. For example, this morning so far ( its 11am just now ) I'v had 3 magnum ice creams in a row, this huge greasy cheesy pastry thing, plus 2 gevrek ( kind of like a big bagle covered in sesame seeds ). I don't feel good now, thinking about it is making me feel sick. aarrggg!!! Why do i do this to myself! I feel so dissapointed and angry with myself. Shit.
Tim Minchin - The Good Book
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1I3mBojc0

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'

prison break fan

Don't beat yourself up over it Demi, its happened, try and forget it and start again tomorrow. We all do it one way or another! I think when you have young children it is the hardest time to diet, you can't ration their food. My downfall at the moment is jam sandwiches at 3 pm! pbf.

demi

Yeah, it definetly is difficult to diet when you have to make food for everyone else! And i ended up sleeping for 4 hours this afternoon with the baby ( im amazed, he's never slept that long! but hes not been well so thats probably why ) so I'v not even been able to burn it off. Yes I will start again tomorrow, like I do almost everyday. If i actually managed to not to bindge I'd probably be stick thin. I let myself down on an almost daily basis. I'm sure the only reason iv been loosing any weight is because im still breastfeeding. I don't give my son cows milk, just breastmilk and water in a sippy cup if we're out in the pram when its hot, so i think that makes a big difference.

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'

Flo

prison break fan wrote:I would like to know more about the course Flo! Sounds just the sort of thing I need! pbf.
My daughter's leisure centre is trialling this programme - Discover Momenta and she has insisted that I give it a whirl. It's fine for me as calorie counting and going to workouts is not my scene. I'm a retired gardener who does outdoor exercise and still eats a labouring diet. So you can see that it's a life style change I need not a short term calorie controlled diet with visits to the gym. It's working.

prison break fan

Flo, we have things in common!! I am retired, was a gardener, now have my own garden and two allotments, and am only happy outdoors, and as for the labourers diet! where to start! thanks for link pbf.

Marmalady
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

No change this week

will have to try harder -- am determined to break through the 11 st barrier soon!

demi

8st 7lbs this morning.
We were climbing a mountain over the weekend and my legs are soar this morning!

Flo

prison break fan wrote:Flo, we have things in common!! I am retired, was a gardener, now have my own garden and two allotments, and am only happy outdoors, and as for the labourers diet! where to start! thanks for link pbf.
It's nice to know I'm not the only one. There's another of us on this course and he's losing a couple of lbs a week at the moment. For him it's beer and bread that are the problems (as well as no job). For me it's sweet things. Did face two group leaders who said "what's millionaire's shortbread" last week so four of us told them (the four heavy ones).

Anyway I lost 4 lbs up to last Tuesday despite the millionaire's shortbread. So maybe with some training I can have my cake within a very small area, eat it and lose weight. If I can lose another 3 stone 5lbs and keep it off I shall be 20 again!!

demi

8st 9lbs this morning, up 2lbs.

Marmalady
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

No change again this week

demi

8st 6lbs going down again! :cheers:

Marmalady
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Another pound down this week :)) I am now just on 11 stone -- yayy!!!

Time to adjust my target from "under 11 stone" to "under 10 stone" !!

Hope it doesnt take me another 18 months ofups and downs to reach it this time!

Maybe i should aim for 10 1/2 stone by Christmas ?

demi

I was 8st 4lbs this morning, but im not counting that because ill probably go back up again before the weekend.