Hello! The stranger has returned!!

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Mrs H
Living the good life
Living the good life

Hello! The stranger has returned!!

Hi guys! :wave: Wow, its been such a long time, too long since ive been on but it genuinely feels good to be back.
Its been a tough year to be honest and ive really had to take a step back and focus on the family. Are we settled and sorted? No not yet but we know were we are going now which i suppose is half the battle.
We have started up Operation Better Life with our best friends. Its kinda hard to explain how we invisage it all working but the basic run down is that we are going to register it as a charity and money raised will be used to purchase houses. Essentially a giant rent to buy scheme i suppose but famillies will have the security that they just dont have in rented accomodation. The idea being that the five of us will live with our friends in the first house, it will become Operation Better Life Hq, when we are then in the position to raise a mortgage we will buy the house and the money will go back into the charity to do it all again for someone else. Obviously we are hoping that if we raise enough to buy the first then we will continue to raise money to buy a second so as to get the cycle up and running. The aim is to try and help people like ourselves who are desperate for security for there family and are working dam hard to get it but need a helping hand along the way. I dream that we would be able to put vege patches in each house as well and provide people with the skills to reduce their out goings more by growing there own etc. Thats pretty much it in a nut shell. We have started a blog post on it, http://www.operationbetterlife.blogspot.co.uk if any of you want to take a look. (admin, if this is taking the piss as i havnt been on in so long then please say and i will take it off. x)
Any ideas on how we can further our idea would as ever be gratefully recieved. We are hoping something positive will come out of this not only for us but for many others too.
Keeping our fingers crossed and working hard.
Anyways enough of my anal ramblings! How r u all? OldJerry how are you? Did you get moved ok?
I really hope you are all having a good summer despite of the crappy weather.
suzi xxxx

trinder
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Hello! The stranger has returned!!

I really really want to support this kind of project. I have very little money and it is not a sustainable source ( I am due to retire in a few months) My only reservation is that "you invest your whole life into it" but actually can walk away without any "real" loss.
What I mean is no one your end is investing their money so if it fails you have just had a few months / years of excitement/worry you are asking other to believe in you? this is a very difficult economic climate for you to be operating in.
A commendable attitude to lifestyle but I'm not sure this is the right website to be trying to gain financial backing. good luck
On the issue of animals for research "The question is not, 'Can they reason?' nor, 'Can they talk?' but rather, 'Can they suffer?'" Jeremy Bentham

Mrs H
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Hello! The stranger has returned!!

trinder wrote:I really really want to support this kind of project. I have very little money and it is not a sustainable source ( I am due to retire in a few months) My only reservation is that "you invest your whole life into it" but actually can walk away without any "real" loss.
What I mean is no one your end is investing their money so if it fails you have just had a few months / years of excitement/worry you are asking other to believe in you? this is a very difficult economic climate for you to be operating in.
A commendable attitude to lifestyle but I'm not sure this is the right website to be trying to gain financial backing. good luck
Thanks trinder for your reply. Its great to hear what others think of the idea and to be honest we're just trying to get it known out there curently. Im not expecting financial backing from here as i know there are plenty in the same situation as ourselves and are running on a low income.
We are not expecting this to take off in week or to be honest even 6 months but im hoping over time that it will. We may even be in the position to raise a mortgage when it does so other people would be the first to benefit. Im in it for the long haul as i believe this is a need that will always be there. Fingers crossed it all works out. :grouphug: