Hi from Ramsgate in Kent

We love hearing from you, so here is your chance. Introduce yourself and tell us what makes you selfsufficient 'ish'. Go on don't be shy, we welcome one and all. You can also tell us how you heard about us if you like.
Kane
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Hi from Ramsgate in Kent

I'll keep it short and sweet, my name is Kane, I live in Ramsgate just a few yards from the beach, so I might have a few questions about the various uses seaweed can be put to. :)

When I'm not trying to grow things in the garden or dreaming about buying a chunk of woodland I can usually be found exploring underground tunnels/caves/war time shelters or above ground creeping around abandoned mental asylums and derelict places taking photographs of what I see with a bunch of like minded friends.

I'm clocking on a bit so remember programs like The Good Life, Survivors, Out of Town, etc., I'm not an EOTW survivalist type person, more an independant free thinking soul who would just like to live more from the land and not have to rely on 'the man' and this incessant need our species has to consume resources at an exponential rate. I guess I'm striving for a simpler/quieter life if there is such a thing. :)

I came across your forum whilst looking for information on sowing tomatoes indoors, had a quick look around and decided to join up and expand my somewhat limited knowledge of all things self sufficientish. :)

K

niknik
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Hi from Ramsgate in Kent

welcome :wave:

123sologne
Living the good life
Living the good life

Welcome Kane :wave:

I think you will find a fair few people here who think like you, some who are learning, some who are in the middle of being self sufficient and some who are as self sufficient as one can be, but still strive to go further. So enjoy your visits. :iconbiggrin:

Milims
A selfsufficientish Regular

Hi there and welcome :wave:
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

MuddyWitch
latitude: 52.643985
longitude: -1.052939

Welcome to ISH :flower:

MW
If it isn't a Greyhound, it's just a dog!