Pet gripes

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Flo
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Pet gripes

Very High Winds. We do get them here and the greenhouse has been caught again. Sometimes the strong winds come up the entry passage between me and next door's back garden with more force than required. This time we seem to have lost the roof panel totally - it's not glass and we usually find it parked over the back hedge in the communal grass area. Not this time.

Weedo
latitude: 35.0886S
longitude: 147.1289E

the "Poor Bugger Me" generation!
Don't let your vision cloud your sight

Viper254
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Flo wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:58 am Very High Winds. We do get them here and the greenhouse has been caught again. Sometimes the strong winds come up the entry passage between me and next door's back garden with more force than required. This time we seem to have lost the roof panel totally - it's not glass and we usually find it parked over the back hedge in the communal grass area. Not this time.
That's a shame - hope you find the panel :/
AKA Simon.

Trying to get to grips with a Staffordshire allotment (UK)

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

I feel your pain, Flo. We never retrieved one of the sheets of polycarbonate when the polytunnel blew down a few years back. I just hope it didn't do any damage on the way to wherever if finally landed.
If we ever manage to get this dome constructed it will be much less of a problem. Hopefully. :roll:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

ina

I think we've all got high winds today... Unfortunately, I won't see whether anything has gone AWOL before Sunday!
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

Weedo
latitude: 35.0886S
longitude: 147.1289E

Poorly manufactured clothes
I still buy most of my clothes (no skill in this arena) but they are utilitarian in the most part and my wardrobe is minimalist. (However, I have always been a bit of a stickler for classic cut, fit and fabric) Recently bought a pack of 6 pairs of heavy cotton work socks and three cotton polo shirts and washed them before wearing. I doubt if there are two socks out of 12 that are a "pair": they all vary in colour and length and the shirts have been cut & sewn on an angle so that the side seems do not match up.
Don't let your vision cloud your sight

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Oh heavens, yes.

I stopped buying from one particular manufacturer. With each wash their T shirts got wider and shorter. There's an economic/profit reasoning behind it, of course and, in today's throw away culture it probably doesn't matter to most people. I don't understand it though - the reason I bought their shirts in the first place was the thick, heavy duty jersey fabric. But after buying several, all doing the same thing, I gave up.
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Flo

I have a list of manufacturers from over the years which suffer from the shrinking T shirt syndrome. You see them passed on to the charity shops and think oh dear me. It's always worth a tour to see which brands are the latest before buying.

ina

Strangely enough, the cheap ones I get from Lidl seem to be doing really well... Mine sometimes get slightly damaged from working in the lab (acid etc), so I won't wear anything expensive.
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)