back after a long sabatical

We love hearing from you, so here is your chance. Introduce yourself and tell us what makes you selfsufficient 'ish'. Go on don't be shy, we welcome one and all. You can also tell us how you heard about us if you like.
old tree man
A selfsufficientish Regular
latitude: 54.5619 N
longitude: 0.9874 W
Facebook Name: Don't have one

back after a long sabatical

Hello everyone
its so nice to be back at selfsufficientish, i have had a few setbacks over the last few years i fell and they had to replace my hip then my knee and now my right foot has had a plate put in it with screws in the heel to stabalise my foot :shock: so i am so thank full to the nhs for rebuilding me and looking after Jane while i am recovering, i have just recently ventured into our garden to start pottering for winter jobs and it feels wonderful even though i have to rest every half hour it feels great to get my hands in the soil again,
I do hope you are all keeping well and healthy in this current climate, i look forward to catching up with old friends
and posting a few pics of what i shall soon be getting up to around the kitchen and garden
bless you all
Russell
Respect to all, be kind to all and you shall reap what you sow.
old tree man,
aka..... Russ

Topher
margo - newbie
margo - newbie
latitude: 53.585602
longitude: -1.522710

Re: back after a long sabatical

Hi there Russ, I used to be quite a selfish user of self sufficient ish, lots or lurking and picking up hints, but with very little to offer. I don’t know how things will go forward (with my use of this forum) now, but I’m trying to get back into the swing of all kinds of things, so came on here, as I used to. Glad you’ve been rebuilt (good ole’ NHS).
Jane

ina

Ah yes - getting older isn't fun... I've been on sick leave now for 9 months. The garden looks awful - not that I usually am a very tidy gardener, but it's worse now. And I don't know what the NHS is doing, but they don't have time for people like me who can manage on their own, even if I'm not strong enough to go to work. Hope you all are ok, though!
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

squirel
margo - newbie
margo - newbie
Facebook Name: squirel

Hi, I rejoined this forum a few days ago and there doesn't seem to be anyone about. Do you know if it is closed please?