What more can I do in a rented property?

If you know of a way to help save our planet, even just a small part of it put it here. Also if you want to ask how to help, or even if you want to promote your environmental organisation. All goes here.
Thomzo
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Re: What more can I do in a rented property?

I'm sure I've seen some loft insulation that comes in neat little wrapped up parcels, like individual duvets. You could roll them up and take them away with you. It's probably a bit more expensive than the normal stuff but if you are moving into another rented property it might be worthwhile as you could keep taking it with you. Of course, then you'd need a huge lorry to transport them in so probably no benefit in the long run.

Zoe

Gem
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: What more can I do in a rented property?

Ah, useful thread for me also due to living in a rented place.

I have had to make do with a container garden before I got the allotment but one thing thats useful is buying non-hybrid seeds and then allowing some plants to go to seed thus providing for the next year. You will prob eventually have to re-buy as they tend to loose genetic integraty each year but they certainly work for a few years. I have had success with most salad items (spinach, chard, rocket, lettuce etc) and squashes though obviously things that grow underground are less easy to get seeds from (parsnips, carrots etc).